A Solemn Patriot Day to Everyone

68TriShield

no..not THAT Dave!
Take time to reflect also to Thank and Pray for our First Responders...
usa26mo.gif

Indeed, Dave. I've spent some time today doing just that. First responders, victims, families, friends, co-workers, employees. All of them deserve a solemn moment today.

I was driving by a near by city hall and realized that they were having a remembrance event. I reminded me of how lucky we have it to even be able to meet n public and have a ceremony like that. I was humbled and said a prayer for those who lost their lives.

Due to parking issues at the Pentagon, I took a day of leave. I don't need the added stress. Watching the coverage on TV, I reflect back to what I was doing when I found out.

I was at work, in my old Visual Information shop at Barksdale AFB, LA. It was on the TV, and for some reason, it was so unbelievable, that I thought this was a twisted joke. I remember the base immediately going on lockdown, and, for the first time in my lifetime (that I am aware of), base leadership walked around with a pistol on their hip in case they had to defend the base. I think many people and organizations scrambled to deal with this as being an unprecedented attack on our soil.

As a first responder, let me say I appreciate the prayers and thoughts toward us. As a second to that I attended a funeral today for the Captain of my volunteer station with 26 years of service, so it has been a specially heartfelt day.

Started my day with a community breakfast that recognized those brave souls.

God bless and keep all of those who place themselves in harm's way on our behalf - 9/11/01 - and EVERYday.

:u

My prayers have been and will be with the families that lost so many that day

God Bless the responders and the victims and may we never forget :u

usa26mo.gif

Spent the majority of both roll calls today remembering our fallen Brothers and Sisters.....God Bless.

Back