A Spring Walk with San Cristobal

tzaddi

jardinero de la selva
Yesterday as I picked up the camera in preparation to walk about the property I decided it was time to try a San Cristobal. I selected a Clasico from the fiver I had purchased at the local market that morning.

My camera has served as the co-author of my visual journal over the years, recording the emergence and changes in the flora & fauna in my immediate environment.

I set out intent on noting and documenting the latest additions to the Spring Blossoms collection.

With my selection of the San Cristobal Clasico I was confident that I already had something of beauty in my grasp. From the brilliantly colored and magnificently detailed band to the contrasting dark tobacco this cigar expresses mindful intent by it's makers.

Over the next 1.25 hours the heady fragrance and deep rich smokey caramel of this Nicaraguan collaboration embraced my palette and entertained my senses.

With each step my eyes searched the landscape for new arrivals while the cigar found it's resolve. The following photos where composed as I stopped to tend a garden spot or note some new botanical development.

web.jpg

Blue Sky Unlit

web.jpg

Blue Sky Lit:)

web.jpg

Shooting Star (Dodecatheon pulchellum)

web.jpg

Agave parryi

web.jpg

One of the Oak Stumps Seats Around the Fire-Pit

web.jpg

Abalone Shell Incense Burner in the Center of the Sweat Lodge

web.jpg

Blue Sky Unbanded

web.jpg

The Buds of a Small Valley Oak (Quercus lobata)

web.jpg

Wild Onion Blossom (Allium) on Dead Manzanita

web.jpg

White Sage (Salvia apiana)

Thanks for taking this little walk with me, now to sit a moment while the nicotine dances in my head. :)

—Richard

Now THAT is cigar art. Looks like you have a lovely landscape there, my friend.

WOW Richard. Absolutely beeyouteefull! Loved the pics. Loved the walk around the property. Did you see firepit? Ohhhhhh yeah.

Man, you are gifted! :tu

Let me know before you go for another walk...................I'll come right over ;-)

Excellent review, Richard. You've set a new standard for reviews at CS and it looked like a gorgeous day. Well done and thanks for sharing. :tu:tu

Very nice review and photo shoot. What camera do you use? Just wondering.

Oh and by the way thanks for picking my cigar for tomorrow!!! Is it tomorrow yet?

Very nice review and photo shoot. What camera do you use? Just wondering.

Oh and by the way thanks for picking my cigar for tomorrow!!! Is it tomorrow yet?

Thank you all for you kind supporting remarks.

So pleased that you all enjoyed the non-conventional review :) At first I was not sure if it belonged in this sub forum, then I figured why not:)

Sony DSC F717:)

—Richard

P.S. As my friend Peter AKA physiognomy says...."Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Wow, nice review/slideshow/pictures. :tu

I was going to do the same thing, but then I remembered it is gray and rainning outside, for the last 48 hours. :hn

Not trying to step on your thread but I was inspired. I have a collection of Agaves and I love the parryi. This one is taking in a RP edge.
parry.jpg

I can find scenes similar to yours in my yard. I even have a burn pit. I hope to see you at a herf soon. I vacation at Trinity Lake sometimes.

Not trying to step on your thread but I was inspired. I have a collection of Agaves and I love the parryi. This one is taking in a RP edge.
I can find scenes similar to yours in my yard. I even have a burn pit. I hope to see you at a herf soon. I vacation at Trinity Lake sometimes.

Looks like a match, right down to the wedding ring. :tu

We shall herf soon. From 1973 until 1984 I lived in Los Gatos, my brother & his family live in Santa Cruz.

No stepping, thanks for sharing.

I started growing Cholla "Cylindropuntia tunicata" from a cutting someone gave me and ouch, watch out. :)

Very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing - you made my day. Coincidentally, I tried this cigar for the first time last Friday. What an ass-kicker it is! The parrot is an added bonus as well.

Back