A weird step in the smoking process

Nabinger16

SilverBack
The other day I enjoyed a cigar with an acquaintance of mine. I don't know the guy all that well, but hey... we're all friends when it comes to herf time. He claims to be well versed in matters of the leaf. I hand him a Perdomo Champagne, the first thing he did was tore the cello open instead of simply sliding the cigar out of the open end. It was a little different than what I'm used to but who am I. Then he proceeded to lick the entire cigar!

Does anyone else do this? What's the point of it?

Trent

Then he proceeded to lick the entire cigar!

Does anyone else do this? What's the point of it?

Trent

I have seen a lot of cigar "experts" do this, they do it because they saw some else do it, it is to moisten wrapper, this is done on cheap drug store cigars for a reason. Although, when Jessica Alba does it for me, well...she can lick my cigar all day long...

I have seen a lot of cigar "experts" do this, they do it because they saw some else do it, it is to moisten wrapper, this is done on cheap drug store cigars for a reason. Although, when Jessica Alba does it for me, well...she can lick my cigar all day long...

:r Yeah, personally I avoid any guy who starts running his tongue all over anything like a cigar in public. It's just a little unnerving on some level...

I know a guy who likes to "deep throat" the top of the cigar before he lights up, presumably to moisten the head. Seriously, wtf?

I think I can honestly say that I am glad I have never witnessed this practice. Remember not to drop the soap!:r:po

I worked at a B&M for 6 months so I witnessed this spectacle all the time.
My fellow employees and I always had a good chuckle when this sort of thing happend.

It's always gross, and sometimes hilarious (unless it's too gross, which was often the case)

ew..

but that does lead to a question that i thought about the other day as i was smoking on my porch.. to my knowledge, each cigar is handled by tens if not hundreds of people in the process of transforming a leaf to a stogie.. so should we clean the smokes first before we smoke them???

just a strange thought i had the other day... :2

When I used cheap, single blade cutters, I learned it was best to cut the cigar with the cello still on. The dull blade would "bite" into the cello and make a smoother cut. I'm serious, man!

MCS

When I used cheap, single blade cutters, I learned it was best to cut the cigar with the cello still on. The dull blade would "bite" into the cello and make a smoother cut. I'm serious, man!

MCS

I have to give that a try. Somehow when you say, "I'm serious, man!" I give out a little smile.:D

I've re-humidified a cigar by holding it in my closed fist for a while and then blowing through it a few times, but never licked one.

ew..

but that does lead to a question that i thought about the other day as i was smoking on my porch.. to my knowledge, each cigar is handled by tens if not hundreds of people in the process of transforming a leaf to a stogie.. so should we clean the smokes first before we smoke them???

just a strange thought i had the other day... :2

I have wondered this myself. Do the manufacturers do anything to clean the stogies up before they ship them out?

I think that connects it what this guy did was to "clean" his cigar. :r

Probably a ritual that dates back to a time when heavy gums were used in the wrapping process. I tear the cello, too....but I eat it afterwards, so you probably shouldn't pay attention to my opinion.

Back