AB Tempus

Opusfxd

Lowland Gorilla
Alec Bradley Tempus – Toro

So I’ve never had an Alec Bradley anything before so this is a first on the recommendation of my B&M owner, Duane of Havana Manor in Louisville.

First thoughts are this wrapper is silky smooth to the touch with a lovely deep brown wrapper all held together by a very nicely applied triple cap. Just to keep your decorator’s eye happy, it’s got a couple real pretty labels on it too.

Pre light draw is just about perfect and I get that flavor on my lips that I describe as nicotine. (Some day I’ll identify it)

Initial first draw has that same flavor in the back of my throat but as I move into the first half inch it’s mellowed into a mighty tasty medium bodied smoke. I’m really enjoying this thing. I’d be more descriptive but my cigar taste buds are about as tone deaf as Rosanne singing the National Anthem while she’s listening to a mix of Metallica an Pavarotti in a Walkman at the same time. Food flavors I can get, still working on the tobacco though.

I’m starting to get a hint of spice developing here about an inch in, let’s see what’s behind this curtain shall we? J It’s still a hint here another ½” in, the ash was holding strong until I just dropped the thing on the stirrup of the ashtray. Fell off in a collective white, light grey with some darker grey blotches on it.

As we come into the second half the smoke is getting how do I put it, chewier. Not a bad thing mind you, but it’s getting some nice texture to it to keep me entertained. So far the burn has been dead even on this stick with no thought of even touching my lighter for anything what so ever.

As we come to an end of our little adventure, Mr. Bradley has brought me along a fine trip. Steady but with ever slightly changing and growing scenery along the way. I’m quite satisfied with this as I’m putting it to bed for the evening and going back inside. An hour and a half of enjoyment while I write this and read stuff on another BBQ forum concerning my new smoker. Now to decide, sit on the other or do something else with it. Time will decide. J
:chk:chk

Nice review, I believe the Tempus I smoked was a Toro as well. It was pretty much how you describe it, great draw, perfect burn, and very tasty.

Back