Acid Cigar boxes?

Troop_lee

SilverBack
Ok, I am getting ready to build a coolidor. I have three empty Acid boxes. Now my question is, are these boxes all Spanish ceder?? I though that they were, then tonight I took a really close look at them and I am not sure. I would think that a company like drew estate would build the boxes completely out of ceder, wouldn't they? So does anyone know??

I can post pics if needed, but I don't have any ready at the moment.

Thanks All:ss

I've heard you're not supposed to put your flavored cigars next to your regular cigars, but I'm not sure whether the boxes would impart a flavor to your regular cigars. Tread carefully.

I've heard you're not supposed to put your flavored cigars next to your regular cigars, but I'm not sure whether the boxes would impart a flavor to your regular cigars. Tread carefully.

:tpd: Those boxes are potent! I wouldn't do it unless you are storing Acids in there.

What about other boxes? i have some random boxes, like an oliva 'o' maduro, and some other random boxes, is this advised against?

:tpd: Those boxes are potent! I wouldn't do it unless you are storing Acids in there.

Acids and ONLY Acids. :2

Random boxes are fine as long as none of them were used to store flavored or infused cigars....the infused scents and flavors can trash your "real" cigars.

also have read articles about not putting flavors with other cigars. agree acids would ruin other cigars and also wood would absorb it. i think about cigars had an article on it.

Thanks Guys, I didn't even think about that. I knew not to keep infused cigars in with non infused, but the fact that the boxes would still be ruined didn't cross my mind. Well now I guess I just have to save up to buy a bigger humidor, my little 20 count is overflowing.:sl

Well now I guess I just have to save up to buy a bigger humidor, my little 20 count is overflowing.:sl

You can still get a coolidor. Just don't use Acid boxes as compartments. Spanish cedar isn't necessary but you don't want to use a material that might introduce a bad taste to the cigars. Even some plain ol' shelf paper would work okay until you figure out something better.

:ss

-Ken

You can still get a coolidor. Just don't use Acid boxes as compartments. Spanish cedar isn't necessary but you don't want to use a material that might introduce a bad taste to the cigars. Even some plain ol' shelf paper would work okay until you figure out something better.

:ss

-Ken

Thats True.

Acid boxes belong in the...

a) trash
b) B&M
c) fire
d) your gf's panty drawer so her panties will have a 'flavored smell' to them

Discuss.....

What about other boxes? i have some random boxes, like an oliva 'o' maduro, and some other random boxes, is this advised against?

I love the Los Blancos 'box crates'! They aren't boxes, but more of a cedar wood 'milk crate' style for cigars. Slotted for the open humidity/temp of your coolerador. i'll take a picture of one and post it later.

d) your gf's panty drawer so her panties will have a 'flavored smell' to them

I vote here, but then I like the smell of most of the Acid line.

If I use cedar boxes, I try and use The Griffin's or Avo boxes, since all of those are solid cedar.

Acid boxes are solid cedar, but they do suck up that aroma.

Back