Advice Please

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I don't know about you guys but I find myself buying alot of boxes of late.

There is just so many good boxes under $200 both CC and Non that I have fill all my humidors. I have one 500 Ct, 300 ct foot locker, & 2 desk tops filled.

Should I empty the boxes in the foot locker so I can get more in them?
Currently I have 5 boxes in there and it looks like a game of tetris.

If I take them out of the boxes is it ok to mix cc & non for storing?

Is it ok to put more than 500 in a 500ct humidor? The humidor has 3 drawers and I could put 300 on each level but that would mean stacking the cigars on top of each other. Is this a bad idea?

I am smoking about 5 cigars a week but buying about 2 boxes a month.

I feel like this is a good problem to have:)

Thanks

I did a wine cooler and love it. Glass front so I can look without opening, some beads and a computer fan to keep things well balanced, still have a large cooler for the "overflow times" should they occur. Highly recommend the Vinotemp!

:tu

There is just so many good boxes under $200 both CC and Non that I have fill all my humidors. I have one 500 Ct, 300 ct foot locker, & 2 desk tops filled.

Is it ok to put more than 500 in a 500ct humidor? The humidor has 3 drawers and I could put 300 on each level but that would mean stacking the cigars on top of each other. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks

If you're done buying, then no problem. If not, cooler/beads is the easy answer. As for the question of mixing. Boxes shouldn't be any issues, naked and stacked, I wouldn't do it. It may take a while, but eventually the oils and flavors will marry. Can't say if this would be good or bad, but why risk it. Now, if you can put them in naked and still segragate them, no problem.

How'd you get a humidor that will hold MORE than the mfg. states. You must be living a blessed life. lol

Thanks

If you are having problems finding space for your smokes I might be able to offer some of mine. :tu I do charge rent, however. :ss

There's my advice.

Get a 110qt cooler. Then it become not a matter of space, but a matter of how much money you have.
:tpd: Dont take your smoke out of boxes to store long term.
Left in the boxes they are more stable as they do not "feel" the humi and temp changes as much, every time you open the humidor.

Coolers are great for storage and all but theres just a certain charm of a nice 500 ct piece sitting in the living room full of naked smokes. I say pick up some spanish cedar trays and stack those up in there to separate them a little but still be able to lay them all out.

Thanks for the info.

I have to pass on the cooler my wife would not go for that one.

I think I am going to go with another dome foot locker for my boxes.

Back