AF Hemingway classic......harmless?????

madurolover

Icehog '08 YES WE CAN!!!
Last night was my 1st anniversary so i decided to try one of my special occasion smokes.These are the ones i cant really afford to keep a supply of but have a few for the right times. Started out with a dinner of fried chicken,brown rice and mixed veggies.Waited about 30 minutes then went to the humi.There i saw this funny shaped thing with one of my favorite things on the band.......A.FUENTE. Had a beautiful wrapper and the shape was a thing to behold,just sat looking at it for a minute.Seemed to be rolled a little tight but i have found that to be the case with most Fuente's.Circumsized this beauty and it cut very clean. Was worried a bit about lighting because i had never lit a cigar of this shape.Started smoking and noticed the signature Fuente taste right away.The burn was slightly uneven but i figured this saw due to the little nipple on the foot.Man was this some kinda smoke.Burn evened out after about 1 inch so now i'm ready. Could taste the rich,earthy flavor that is so Fuente,huge clouds of smoke boiling up.I knew i should'nt have worried about the tight roll....lol.Poured a snifter of Courvoisier XO and prepared to enjoy myself.Well, this turned out to be the perfect match because i wanted to take my time with this smoke.I would take a puff about every 35-60 seconds and after about three or four i would take a healthy sip,seemed to clean my palate beautifully.About halfway through this magnificent stick i started noticing a subtle change in flavor.It was still earthy mind you but now it had a slight cocoa taste along with maybe espresso,either way very enjoyable.About 3 inches left now and i,m waiting for that all to familiar Fuente spice to kick in,to go along with this little buzz i've got from the congac.Yes here it comes although not as much spice as some of the other AF's i've smoked.The slight hint of peppery spice lasted until the end of the stick which was about to burn my fingers so i laid it in the ashtray to die the dignified death it dserved.All in all one of the best smokes i have had.I will definitly be looking to get a few more of them.I do have one in the maduro but i think i will let that rest a while.Well i hope my first review was informative to everyone who is looking to smoke one of these.IMHO it's a great smoke,but then again my newbie palate is'nt very refined like some of you.I just know i like it which is all that really matters right???:p

Happy Anniversary. Good review. Though the Hemi Classic doesn't do much for me, you can't really go wrong with the Fuente. Hemingways are a bit mild for my taste, but I smoke one on occastion. The Hemi Classic was the first box I bought. I still have a few left. I keep them in my weapons cache for bombs and trades since I know there are people out there that appreciate them more than I do.

I really love the Fuente maduros though. I wish they were more readily available.

I had a Hemingway Short story last night as I had to go back into the office. Perfect little 30 minute smoke with lots of pleasure. Great review. Thanks for sharing.

I can picture it now a snifter of XO.Just the smell of that and the Fuente Hemi, Awesome.

Nice review,glad you enjoyed.

Nice review and Happy Aniversary... The Fuentes Hemingways are my favorites and you will find they all have their own special nuances but they all finish well.

TypeO- said:
Happy Anniversary. Good review. Though the Hemi Classic doesn't do much for me, you can't really go wrong with the Fuente. Hemingways are a bit mild for my taste, but I smoke one on occastion. The Hemi Classic was the first box I bought. I still have a few left. I keep them in my weapons cache for bombs and trades since I know there are people out there that appreciate them more than I do.

I really love the Fuente maduros though. I wish they were more readily available.
Thats cool of you to share them with the BOTL instead of just trying to sell them or worse yet :pu "neglect them"

madurolover said:
Thats cool of you to share them with the BOTL instead of just trying to sell them or worse yet :pu "neglect them"

Me? Neglect my cigars? If my wife got as much attention, she'd tell me to give her some space.

These cigars will remain in my possession until some poor bastage gets in my sights. Some have already seen the wrath of Hemingway.

TypeO- said:
Me? Neglect my cigars? If my wife got as much attention, she'd tell me to give her some space.

These cigars will remain in my possession until some poor bastage gets in my sights. Some have already seen the wrath of Hemingway.
:r :r :r

Back