Aging Cammies?

md4958

ChestBeater
Does anyone know if Cameroon wrapped sticks benefit from aging? I have read differing information about this.

One of the anti-aging theories is that a cameroon is a delicate leaf that doesnt contain much oil, thus not benefiting much from aging.

I did a CS search and found that the Oliva website recommends aging Cammies for 1-4 years.

As I am a newbie my sticks havent had an opportunity to age yet. I would appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Moe

I think both statements are somewhat true. :ss

I think a couple of years age in a Cammie helps to bring out the flavor--but there is a risk of damaging the delicate wrapper over time.

So if you age them try to keep them in their original boxes and do not handle them until you are ready to smoke them.

Does anyone know if Cameroon wrapped sticks benefit from aging? I have read differing information about this.

One of the anti-aging theories is that a cameroon is a delicate leaf that doesnt contain much oil, thus not benefiting much from aging.

I did a CS search and found that the Oliva website recommends aging Cammies for 1-4 years.

As I am a newbie my sticks havent had an opportunity to age yet. I would appreciate any info.

a few months ago I smoked a few Drew Estates Leather Patch's that I had for well over a year, and they were great. The cammi wrapper had a scent that I can only describe as cinnamon/nutmeg. And the flavor was about the same. Big change from how they are "fresh". Got one left......

I think they definitely benefit from age. I've enjoyed a Casa Fuente CG and a Hemingway with several years of age and they tasted fantastic.

Cammies age just fine. What specific cigar are you thinking about aging?

not any in particular, but ive got about 8 boxes of Cammies in my tupperdor and im wondering if i should smoke 'em, or let 'em rest, They are mostly Oliva Gs, MC Afrique, and H.Upmann Vintage.

Back