am i crazy??

southjerzgt

Young Ape
am i crazy that i do not like the H.Upmann vintage cameroon cigars, the guy at the shop said they sell so fast i have to replace the box everyday, so i tried one and im not a fan, i tasted a nutty flavor something i cant stand, doe s anyone else feel the same way or is just me hahaha

am i crazy that i do not like the H.Upmann vintage cameroon cigars, the guy at the shop said they sell so fast i have to replace the box everyday, so i tried one and im not a fan, i tasted a nutty flavor something i cant stand, doe s anyone else feel the same way or is just me hahaha

I like them... At first they are a little bland but after a little while they turned delicious on me. I havent had them in a while so i cant remember the exact details but they were good.. And they didnt really have any age on them. Kinda makes me wish i saved one for aging but, alas i have no control.

Just your tastes though bro, not every "good" cigar pleases everyone. I smoked a corona de la flor, the #2 cigar rated best of the year by cigar aficionado and I hated it. Tasted like rubber.

No cigar made suits everyone. And maybe that's the way it should be.

Welcome to CS, too. :ss

-Ken

I smoked one Sunday night. Actually both me and my buddy smoked one.
The one I smoked was from 2005.
and ya know what........NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.
It started off bad and definately got better but I do not care for them at all.
If it was the only smoke I would torch it but I do not think I would buy one.

Allot of people love them, and like what has been stated
"Different Strokes..."

Mine burned great had a fine draw and beautiful construction. It was just the taste.

Just my :2

B:ss

It could be that alot of smokers love that cigar but you don't so don't get it again.
I could allso be that the box he had yesterday is still there. :)

You're not crazy, everyone has a different palate, that's why there are so many blends of tobacco and such variety of cigars available - smoke what you like!

They sell a lot of Swisher Sweets too but that doesn't make them good. Someone else's recommendation isn't always in line with your taste. Let your B&M guy know you weren't a fan and why so he can get to know your taste better and recommend things you may like.

You are not crazy at all. I do think your comment is interesting though. That shop has to keep replacing boxes day in and day out of those. I have noticed shops around that have a 'loyal following' for some cigars and not others. For a while I had a shop that sold out of the Don Lino africa, like they were going out of style. Walk in there and almost every regular had one. Other shops could not give those cigars away.

Don Lino africa....

After smoking a couple of them, I liked the Africas enough to buy a box. But after a few more smokes, my appreciation declined rapidly. Some cigars are that way. They seem so wonderful the first couple of tries and then you get tired of them or bored of the taste really fast. I almost never buy a box of anything for this reason. But that's just me.

-Ken

Back