Amaretto Question

NJ Stogie King

ChestBeater
Hey Guys,

I love a nice glass of amaretto from time to time, but I hate just drinking it alone. Besides amaretto sours, does anyone else have a nice recipe/mix which includes amaretto?

Thanks!
Jonathan

Hey Guys,

I love a nice glass of amaretto from time to time, but I hate just drinking it alone. Besides amaretto sours, does anyone else have a nice recipe/mix which includes amaretto?

Thanks!
Jonathan

I like a little Amaretto on the rocks with a stogie now and then...I wouldn't cut it with anything.

I had a contest a while back to name a drink I concocted. Don't remember what ended up winning, but I just call it a "Clifford Special"

basically, a jigger each of Di Saronna (the only one to use, IMO), Crown Royal, Southern Comfort and whiskey sour mix. Add some ice, pour in the amount of Sprite to taste, and prepare to have your butt kicked. The 3 liquors mixed in equal portions is quite tasty without any additives if desired. Something about the mix smoothes out the bit of the liquor, but it will put you wobbly-kneed as fast as a good Long Island Tea!

Enjoy

I had a contest a while back to name a drink I concocted. Don't remember what ended up winning, but I just call it a "Clifford Special"

basically, a jigger each of Di Saronna (the only one to use, IMO), Crown Royal, Southern Comfort and whiskey sour mix. Add some ice, pour in the amount of Sprite to taste, and prepare to have your butt kicked. The 3 liquors mixed in equal portions is quite tasty without any additives if desired. Something about the mix smoothes out the bit of the liquor, but it will put you wobbly-kneed as fast as a good Long Island Tea!

Enjoy

Wow!! Thats sounds so good!! I am going to have to try that concoction!!! I am going to be flying!!!

I like Amaretto sombreros and if you want to add a little more kick to it, toss in some vodka too.

Amaretto cherry sour is good too:

Shot of Amaretto
Sour mix
1 tbsp grenadine
Sprite

Chill and pour over crushed ice and add a cherry.

I agree with icehog3, on the rocks by itself!

My brother likes a time tested drink called a godfather.

2 oz Amer/ 2 oz scotch over ice.

It is one smooth drink.

Roasted Toasted Almond is basically a White Russian with the addition of amaretto...

In the winter time I love a hot cup of coffee after dinner with a shot of amaretto.

I know a few chicks who love amaretto and pineapple juice.

Roasted Toasted Almond is basically a White Russian with the addition of amaretto...

YEAH, YEAH, that's IT!! Thanks mmblz, I couldn't remember the name of that. I used to drink those quite a bit a loooooooong time ago.:tu I think we just called them "Toasted Almonds" but I like your name better.

YEAH, YEAH, that's IT!! Thanks mmblz, I couldn't remember the name of that. I used to drink those quite a bit a loooooooong time ago.:tu I think we just called them "Toasted Almonds" but I like your name better.

toasted almond doesn't have vodka (amaretto, kahlua, cream)
roasted toasted almond does (vodka, amaretto, kahlua, cream)

toasted almond doesn't have vodka (amaretto, kahlua, cream)
roasted toasted almond does (vodka, amaretto, kahlua, cream)

Ah, okay. I'm confusing that with a "velvet hammer" which is basically a white russian with amaretto instead of Kahlua. The roasted toasted sounds even better!:tu

Thanks again mmblz, as I had never heard of that!

another one is a Dr Pepper (flaming or not)
Basic idea is beer and amaretto. Some recipes have coke, flaming ones have 151 rum, there are a lot of variations.
Essentially though the beer and amaretto somehow taste like Dr Pepper...

for more drinks, see here

I find a lot of people drink this the wrong way, which is at room temp.

For me, it has to be on the rocks or as a Cherry Bomb, with 2 oz's and topped with coke in a rock glass.

I personally don't think drinking this goes well with cigars. I once smoked a Cohiba Siglo IV while drinking this stuff and found it ruined the taste, but hey, that's just my humble opinion.

Also, having one glass is usually enough or your stomach will feel heavy.

Back