An Offer Of Assistance To The LLGs

Teninx

SilverBack
I've been reading about the high cigar tax rates in some states and the difficulties in shipment when some carriers won't deliver tobacco products to certain places, so I may be able to help. New Hampshire has no income or sales tax, but more importantly to this issue has no tobacco tax on cigars (other tobacco yes, just not stogies). The common carriers WILL ship to New Hampshire even if they won't to states like Maine. So here's my offer:

If anyone from Club Stogie has a special cigar order that is not time sensitive, I will offer to reship that order from NH to your location. What you would have to do is let me know in advance, then have the order drop-shipped to my address. I will then reship it via USPS Priority to you. The only consideration I'd ask is the actual cost of shipping from here. I need to go to the Post Office every Friday, so your smokes would go out on a Friday and I'd provide the confirmation number and the cost that you could send off whenever.

This may be helpful for high-dollar amounts or for those who can't get tobacco delivery. I won't open the shipment, just slap another label on the box and off it goes.

If I get a thousand requests, it could turn out to be a pain but if there's something special you want and can't get otherwise, let me know.

Thanks for all the bumps!

Live Free or Die is a great motto..too bad it doesn't apply to property taxes!

snkbyt, I'm in Somersworth, which is a small town near the seacoast region.

Teninx said:
Thanks for all the bumps!

Live Free or Die is a great motto..too bad it doesn't apply to property taxes!

snkbyt, I'm in Somersworth, which is a small town near the seacoast region.
born and raised outside Milford/Wilton area (west of Nashua).

Teninx said:
I've been reading about the high cigar tax rates in some states and the difficulties in shipment when some carriers won't deliver tobacco products to certain places, so I may be able to help. New Hampshire has no income or sales tax, but more importantly to this issue has no tobacco tax on cigars (other tobacco yes, just not stogies). The common carriers WILL ship to New Hampshire even if they won't to states like Maine. So here's my offer:

If anyone from Club Stogie has a special cigar order that is not time sensitive, I will offer to reship that order from NH to your location. What you would have to do is let me know in advance, then have the order drop-shipped to my address. I will then reship it via USPS Priority to you. The only consideration I'd ask is the actual cost of shipping from here. I need to go to the Post Office every Friday, so your smokes would go out on a Friday and I'd provide the confirmation number and the cost that you could send off whenever.

This may be helpful for high-dollar amounts or for those who can't get tobacco delivery. I won't open the shipment, just slap another label on the box and off it goes.

If I get a thousand requests, it could turn out to be a pain but if there's something special you want and can't get otherwise, let me know.

I was in Bedford, NH about a month ago and there is a B&M (Probably 1 year old) very nice inside, Leather chairs, Almost upscale steak house looking walls, real decent selection of smokes, but I though their prices were a bit high. If there is no sales tax and no tobacco tax they must be paying for that nice store with a little bit higher prices. Any chance you know the place I am talking about(can't remember name)

onlyonerm said:
I was in Bedford, NH about a month ago and there is a B&M (Probably 1 year old) very nice inside, Leather chairs, Almost upscale steak house looking walls, real decent selection of smokes, but I though their prices were a bit high. If there is no sales tax and no tobacco tax they must be paying for that nice store with a little bit higher prices. Any chance you know the place I am talking about(can't remember name)

Bedford is a little out of my range of daily travel right now...but I can tell you that it is a mainly upscale community between the two large towns of Manchester and Nashua....and the property tax rates are rather high, as well.
Might the shop be called "Blowin' Smoke"?

If you get back to the area and have some time, take a side trip to Nashua and find a shop called "Castro's Back Room" on Main St. Worth the trip!

Very generous offer of your time.

I lived in Hanover, NH from 1964-1968 from when I was 2 until I was 6 when my dad was getting his PhD. I don't remember much but the snow.

Aaron said:
Very generous offer of your time.

I lived in Hanover, NH from 1964-1968 from when I was 2 until I was 6 when my dad was getting his PhD. I don't remember much but the snow.

That's where I grew up!
It does snow :D

Closest I ever got to attending Dartmouth was a weekend with a coed...but that was soooooo long ago LOL.

Back