Anejo and little Opus X news

DennisP

Lowland Gorilla
Just stopped by my B&M and he said they are expecting 5 boxes of Anejo's this week. Told me I'll have no problem picking some up.

They also just got in 6 or so 3 packs of 1992 Opus X, $99.

For those on the lookout, it seems the B&M's that were getting Anejo shipments should have them soon.

Just stopped by my B&M and he said they are expecting 5 boxes of Anejo's this week. Told me I'll have no problem picking some up.

For those on the lookout, it seems the B&M's that were getting Anejo shipments should have them soon.

1992 Opus?

That is expensive for the 3-pack tins, assuming these are the same ones that came out around Christmas time. I think they MSRP around $40-50, so that is a high. Plus, they are not from 1992, that was just the year written on the tins.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-902

That is expensive for the 3-pack tins, assuming these are the same ones that came out around Christmas time. I think they MSRP around $40-50, so that is a high. Plus, they are not from 1992, that was just the year written on the tins.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-902
Interesting. I wasn't going to spend that much anyway, but interesting he pointed out the 1992 to me a few times.

They have some 2005 3 packs, in huge containers, special DVD and book and those are going for $120. Haven't sold any in 2 weeks since they got them. I asked why the 1992 was cheaper than the 2005 and he said the book/dvd.

We'll see if I shell out the bucks for the Anejo's. Most of their stuff is close to MSRP and I support them buying singles there because I like the place.

Interesting. I wasn't going to spend that much anyway, but interesting he pointed out the 1992 to me a few times.

They have some 2005 3 packs, in huge containers, special DVD and book and those are going for $120. Haven't sold any in 2 weeks since they got them. I asked why the 1992 was cheaper than the 2005 and he said the book/dvd.

We'll see if I shell out the bucks for the Anejo's. Most of their stuff is close to MSRP and I support them buying singles there because I like the place.

Assuming they are the same tins, they are just regular release opusX in a special package.

The 2005 gift sets (Journey to Chateau de la Fuente) can be found for around $100 dollars if you look for them (MSRP is $100-125). I have several copies of the DVD somewhere and have never watched them. I think they put the same DVD/CD in all of the gift sets. The cigars in these sets were rolled in 2005.

One of the sets includes a BBMF, which is only sold in special gifts sites like this one or the opus 22 (besides being sold at Casa Fuente).

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-196

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-208

Well, they got them in, only one size, I believe the No. 49, but I haven't measured yet.

Unfortunately they're selling them for double MSRP, $19.95. I bought one to try. I told the guy he was killing me with the price. He said I'd pay that anywhere, I said that may be true, but MSRP is less than $10/stick. He laughed and I then said I knew he was paying about $5-6 each.

Oh well, I'll try it sometime. Probably let it age a while and hopefully forget about it.

The only time I saw Anejos at twice the MSRP was when the store wasn't an official Fuente outlet, and they were forced to buy them on the gray market at regular prices. :hn I just walked away from the store and look to spend my money elsewhere.

The only time I saw Anejos at twice the MSRP was when the store wasn't an official Fuente outlet, and they were forced to buy them on the gray market at regular prices. :hn I just walked away from the store and look to spend my money elsewhere.
Yup. If they're a Fuente dealer and are charging that much, report them to Fuente for price gouging.

Well, they got them in, only one size, I believe the No. 49, but I haven't measured yet.

Unfortunately they're selling them for double MSRP, $19.95. I bought one to try. I told the guy he was killing me with the price. He said I'd pay that anywhere, I said that may be true, but MSRP is less than $10/stick. He laughed and I then said I knew he was paying about $5-6 each.

Oh well, I'll try it sometime. Probably let it age a while and hopefully forget about it.

Since I've heard of almost no other shops getting shipments of Anejos since Christmas I would think this box was procured on the grey market. This would also help to explain the pricing, beside just plain old gouging. There were lots of problems with mold on the Anejos this year, be sure to check under the cedar wrap to be sure.

That brings up an interesting point. Do you know if this guy is an authorized Fuente retailer?

This would determine if the cigars came from Fuente directly (i.e. anyone in search of anejos should start looking ASAP) or whether they came from a secondary source. If they did not come from Fuente directly, it is still possible that the anejos will not be released again until December (which is the rumor I have heard).

On a side note, at that price, you are better off giving Tampasweetheart a call and spending the required $25 on stuff from the website. Last time I checked (3-4 weeks ago), they still had #49's and some sharks in stock.

There are 12 people viewing this thread at the moment.

Anyone else interested in anejos these days? :dr :r :r :r :r

From the list on the Fuente webpage I don't see them as a dealer.

He told me they were getting five boxes in, when I spoke Monday. Went in today and only had the one size, one full box on display with about 8 singles laying in the open lid.

I told them I could get them elsewhere for cheaper and he got pretty defensive, talking about how I couldn't find them on the internet, etc. I told him I could get them in Tampa and he went on about gas prices driving there. I finally said I could order from Tampa Sweetheart and he got quiet.

I will be sure the remove the cedar for aging.

It's really not worth arguing with them, just take your business elsewhere.

For that price, he will no doubt sell them out. Although 2X msrp is bad, it is not 3X MSRP and since these are hard to find for most people (including myself), people will pay those prices.

I went to a local B&M last week that I hadn't been to in 6-8 months and they had almost an entire box of #50's at $19 a piece and a couple of sharks at $24 (the prices are still above MSRP with CA taxes). When I first started getting into cigars, I probably would have bought a couple at that price (one of the first anejos I bought was from Casa Fuente). But now, I know better and although I love anejos, they are not worth that price to me anymore.

I guess it helps when you have a nice stash as well. ;) :D :r :r

The biggest Fuente price gouger is an authorized dealer, and they get 'special treatment' from the factory, to boot. Not to say I wouldn't buy from Casa Fuente, but if the factory supports one retailer charging well over MSRP, they have a lot of nerve going after other authorized retailers outside of Las Vegas which may do the same thing.

HOLT'S has Anejo's now.
At least last Saturday they did.
And they did not have them the week before.

SO

ooohhhh

They must have gone out and bought them on the Grey Market....

The above statement is total sarcasm.

Because you have heard of no other shops getting anejos. Do you actually think that that means that they have not?

part II

Why do you beleive something because you have not experienced it first hand?

The END

B
feelingalittleconcernedwithalltheexpertslately

Since I've heard of almost no other shops getting shipments of Anejos since Christmas I would think this box was procured on the grey market. This would also help to explain the pricing, beside just plain old gouging. There were lots of problems with mold on the Anejos this year, be sure to check under the cedar wrap to be sure.

It's really not worth arguing with them, just take your business elsewhere.
You can't tell from the tone here, but it was more of a friendly little banter. I know the guy pretty well and go there about twice a week, staying to smoke in the lounge about once/week.

But, I did want to let him know I thought they were overpriced. If he had them at MSRP I would've spent a lot more money.

I just got some this week @ Tampa Sweethearts. I think they get them more often than most places. I appreciate the fact you can get any size for under $10 even though you have to buy other stuff. But I think I paid $12 for sharks at my B&M which isn't too bad. They always leave some aside for the regulars.

HOLT'S has Anejo's now.
At least last Saturday they did.
And they did not have them the week before. . .

Wow, that was an interesting post.

First of all, Holt's is not your average Fuente retailer, just like Casa Fuente or Tampasweetheart. Casa Fuente gets anejos all year round and it wouldn't shock me if Holts does as well. I have also heard that Holt's saves boxes to be opened at different times so their customers have access to the rare stuff.

Just because Holts has a box of anejos, does not mean they just received the box.

The other reason I have a pretty good feeling that other shops have not received any lately, is that no one has posted anything saying they recently scored some anejos (except from Tampasweetheart). :r :r Trust me, we usually see multiple posts when anejos hit the retailers. I usually wait for other people to start posting that opusX and/or anejos have arrived before I start calling my regular B&Ms.

Last edited:
feelingalittleconcernedwithalltheexpertslately

OK so I joined CS on 5/17 didn't really smoke cigars before that

:tu

glass houses...

It can be hard to tell someone's tone from an internet post. This tends to be a pretty easy-going, everybody gets along kind of place. If you have a point to make, by all means go for it, but this confrontational sarcasm isn't a great way to make friends or influence people. :2

Back