Another Coolidor Question

Troop_lee

SilverBack
I know, I know use Search, ;)

But I did that,I read most of the threads (all the longer ones, anyway)

And I still have a few questions.

1. I have a Styrofoam cooler, the kind Omaha Steaks come in, Will that be ok to use. It measures (inside) 16 x 13 x 10. But is the Styrofoam ok for the cigars (I don't know why it wouldn't be, but I wanted to ask)

2. I don't have beads, or the extra money right now to buy any. I do have an extra gel pot thingy and an extra water pillow. Should that be enough to get this stared. I don't have sticks that need to go in it right away. But I'd like to have it ready for my next trade.

3. um, thats it but this didn't feel right without a #3 I have a nice selection of boxes my local B&M gave me (Thanks tinder box Daytona beach, you guys always hook me up) One of them being a Rocky patel Edge box, even if I don't line it compleatly with cedar, the top if the is going to be the floor of my cooler it will look sweet.

Thanks.

I know, I know use Search, ;)

But I did that,I read most of the threads (all the longer ones, anyway)

And I still have a few questions.

1. I have a Styrofoam cooler, the kind Omaha Steaks come in, Will that be ok to use. It measures (inside) 16 x 13 x 10. But is the Styrofoam ok for the cigars (I don't know why it wouldn't be, but I wanted to ask)

2. I don't have beads, or the extra money right now to buy any. I do have an extra gel pot thingy and an extra water pillow. Should that be enough to get this stared. I don't have sticks that need to go in it right away. But I'd like to have it ready for my next trade.

3. um, thats it but this didn't feel right without a #3 I have a nice selection of boxes my local B&M gave me (Thanks tinder box Daytona beach, you guys always hook me up) One of them being a Rocky patel Edge box, even if I don't line it compleatly with cedar, the top if the is going to be the floor of my cooler it will look sweet.

Thanks.

1. I think the foam would be ok IF the seal was tight....its all about the seal

2. luckily with coolers/foamadors there is no seasoning time needed because there is nothing to season... unless you have cedar in there....so yeah, it may be enough to get started...again it depends on the seal

I doubt the seal is good enough....test it with a hygrometer...

PM me anytime if u have a burning question about this stuff or anything...

1. I think the foam would be ok IF the seal was tight....its all about the seal

2. luckily with coolers/foamadors there is no seasoning time needed because there is nothing to season... unless you have cedar in there....so yeah, it may be enough to get started...again it depends on the seal

I doubt the seal is good enough....test it with a hygrometer...

PM me anytime if u have a burning question about this stuff or anything...

I'll test, but it creates a suction that makes it slightly difficult to pull the top off. this was built to ship steaks packed in dry ice across the country.

I'll test, but it creates a suction that makes it slightly difficult to pull the top off. this was built to ship steaks packed in dry ice across the country.

Than it MAY be ok....is really tough to tell....and I have never heard of anyone using this type of Foam-ador (I think I just coined this name) before.

Good luck with it...

I can tell you this: IT would work better than nothing :)

I thought about using a styrofoam cooler for my coolerdor, but in the end decided that it's just too easy to accidentally chip a part of it away. Kick it with your foot, etc... But I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Wal-Mart has a sale on coolers right now. They have some kind of "Hunting Style" line or something. The coolers are dark green and come in 48 qt for a little less than 15 bucks. They have the next size up thats like 100 qts or so for less than 40 bucks.

Id recommend stopping by the Evil Corporate Store and grab a cooler. Im sure everyone here can vouch, you will fill it up fast ( thanks to devil site ) and sooner or later will be in the market for another.

Sounds like your questions have been answered. Used that box before for cigars and I am using it now for pipe tobacco. You don't need to line it, just keep your sticks in the boxes and it will work fine.

Back