another cutter thread....yes I searched.

[OT] Loki

Chestbeating Pack Leader
just looking for a quick q/a with the botl/sotl here. I'm going to be ordering a cutter here in the next few hours and I'm torn between the Xikar Xi2 Garnet cutter and the Pailo original finish. I like the look of the Xikar better but I've read that some of the members here don't really like their Xikars...but the threads were all a little old. I was wondering if anyone has both and would be willing to comment on them.

the debate is basically form vs. function.

age old really, depends on your personality.

I dont own the xikar, but I have used one... I love my palio. Lifetime warranty, and hopefully it will be the last cutter I buy!

I have heard that some people like their Xikars ,but I hardly use mine. It cuts OK, but I like my Swiss Army Cutter best. As far as Xikars go the Xi1 (like I have) has got decent reviews. The Xi2, on the other hand, does not have much of a following. It feels kinda cheap IMHO. Spend the money on a quality cutter, you won't be disappointed in the long run.

get the Palio.
I don't have one, but do have a Xikar.
I've entirely stopped using it because the $2 Havana cutters work better...

I own 2 Xikar cutters, I want a Palio!
My Xikar cutters get the job done, one sticks most of the time, the other one works perfect.

I've got a Xikar and a Havana cutter and I very rarely use the Xikar.

Palio cutter is on its way. Can't wait to try it out.

get the Palio.
I don't have one, but do have a Xikar.
I've entirely stopped using it because the $2 Havana cutters work better...

:tpd: :tpd: I used the Havana until I got the Palio from wifey for Xmas. We both have Xikar's. Their good but the Palio is better IMHO.

I have 2 Xikars that I rarely use since I got a palio. The Xikar is very cool looking but it just doesn't perform like the palio.

I had a xikar but lost it, it cut very well but I thought it was awkward to use.The wifey bought me a Pallio for christmas (thanks again Okierock, and Mark) I would never trade it for any Xikar it is just that good.

Back