Another freezing question

Even Steven

SilverBack
I don't normally freeze my cigars, but I think I might have to for a batch that I just recieved.

Does freezing work AFTER the eggs have hatched? I tapped the foot of a few gars and out came beetle doo doo, so they're in there eating their way through my lovelys.

Do you have a picture of the dust? Are you sure it is from beetles?

Sometimes, when you tap a cigar small pieces of tobacco come out, this does not mean the cigar is infected.

Try it with some of your other sticks to see if they look different.

To answer your question, how would you feel if you were put in the freezer for three days? :r

I would think it is harder to kill the eggs than the larvae and live beetles, but freezing is suppose to kill all three.

I thru out the doodoo already, I'll try and take pics later tonight.

I'm positive they're eggs, there were some tobacco dust and bits, but those are brown and either too big or too small to be doodoo, then there are the black dots that are almost seed like. They stand out from the rest of the debris.

Even Steven - sorry to hear about your sticks.

This may be a dumb question, guys, but is it safe (or still enjoyable) to smoke sticks that have been infested?

Thanks.

Even Steven - sorry to hear about your sticks.

This may be a dumb question, guys, but is it safe (or still enjoyable) to smoke sticks that have been infested?

Thanks.

Yes you can continue with your regularly scheduled smoking.
Just don't pay attention to the "snap, crackle, pop":D

Sorry to hear about the possible bugs bro. Hopefully you've caught them before any major damage gets done, and freeze the little bastages straight to hell!

:D they're in quarantine, and half of them are awaiting trial, the other half are freezing, they have been sentenced to the firing squad.

I freeze every single stick that goes into my inventory... just want to be careful. I notice no difference in taste/burn

Back