Length: 4.50
Ring: 52
Strength: Medium-Full
Wrapper Color: Medium Brown
Wrapper Type: Honduras
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras
Shape: Parejo

For other Punch Gran Puro Santa Rita reviews here on CS @ the time of this posting click on the member/reviewer's name below
gvarsity
Aladdin Sane
P-Town Smokes

I picked up this dark Honduran beauty for $1 with several other great cigars. Click here for more details on the purchase.

I was not sure what to expect having never smoked this line before. Right out of the cello it had a pleasant fragrance, a bit sweet and inviting. Once toasted and fully lit the first few puffs seemed a bit rough but it quickly settled into sweet hints of rich chocolate spice with huge amounts of smoke and firm white ash, just the way I like it. The flavor held for the entire length and was never heavy or harsh. I was surprised when I later saw it refered to as a medium to full strength cigar. I assume the 4.5 inch length kept the strength from over powering me.

A very pleasant and relaxing smoke easy on the draw and never dull. Unless this was a fluke I will gladly add this to the list of cigars to have on hand.

And now the photos...

Punch&

DSC04324.jpg

DSC04343.jpg

A punch on a Punch—The effects of the larger of the two cutters
using this relatively inexpensive but sharp Wolf-Soligen punch.

DSC04358.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

I will be smoking more of these. If you would like to see additional photos from this tasty smoking session click here.

—Richard

Last edited:
Great photos, and is that a Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen I see there? Good choice (I know, hefeweizen purists say it's not a true hefeweizen, but I don't care. I like it.).:tu

Great photos, and is that a Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen I see there? Good choice (I know, hefeweizen purists say it's not a true hefeweizen, but I don't care. I like it.).:tu

Yep that's the one. I am experimenting with drinking lighter beers as an accompaniment to cigars. The wheat beers and the summer ales I find don't compete with or mask the subtle cigar notes. But I do love my stouts and porters:ss

Thanks for noticing:tu

good review! good timing also! I bought one one friday, decided to smoke it today mainly cuz of the neat pictures and the review.

Last edited:
As some of us probably know DR Punch is sometimes a miss. With the Gran Puro for me they are a hit. I Like these guys:ss

I'm enjoying the toro ( I think) right now. It's very smooth but isn't exactly a flavor explosion. I'm only just now coming into 2/3 so maybe it'll pick up a little steam. Nevertheless, this is the first weekend in the New Year that I've sat in my backyard with my shirt off and enjoyed a smoke so I'm hardly about to complain.
I think the yard-gar comment is right on target and will be keeping an eye out for a deal on a box.
:tu:cb

I actully find the Punch Grand Puro in the tube to be even a bit betterthan the ones in a box. You may want to try one of them.

The Punch Gran Puro is a part of my regular rotation, ever since
I was gifted one about 6 or so months ago from a kind & generous Gorilla.
There are quite a few of these populating my humidors now.
Very tasty slow-burning mix of coffee, brown sugar & oak.:tu

Haven't tried this particular size, but I am never without a few Sierra's. Excellent cigars.

Nice review and excellent photographs Richard. I love the Gran Puro line and have been smoking the Rancho 5.5x54 with no disappointments. The Libertad (5x52) as Volt mentioned, is another Gran Puro that I need to burn one of these fine days. Hope the weather is warming-up for you in the NoCal area...:cb

Yep that's the one. I am experimenting with drinking lighter beers as an accompaniment to cigars. The wheat beers and the summer ales I find don't compete with or mask the subtle cigar notes. But I do love my stouts and porters:ss

Thanks for noticing:tu

Great review; the nice photos really add!
Was that Widmer Hef with or without the lemon?

Nice review! :tu These are tasty.

What kind of camera are you using? The quality of those pictures are awesome!!

Thanks for puffing new life into this thread and thanks for the compliments.

Sr Mike, I am using a 4 year old Sony DSC-F717, lately in manual mode as the electronics are getting tired. Apparently it can still put out some good stuff.:)

Back