Another "Its Plume" story - Ruth Chris' Cary NC

mtb996

Gorilla
So I am out at Ruth Chris' steakhouse in Cary, NC last night and looked into the cabinet humidor they had. Mostly std Fuentes, Ashtons, Padrons and Davidoffs. The bottom of the humi was all Padron Anniv and they were all covered in mold.

Now, I have to confess, I am not a biologist, but I can assure you all I know mold when I see it. I didn't take photos, but picture all the cigars completely covered in patches of white furry MOLD. I told the waitress about it she was polite. I went about my dinner and afterwards returned to the bar to have a smoke and drink (I had a Fuente without any mold). The waitress who helped me said the manager looked at the humi and said it was PLUME. I politely explained the difference and how I could tell it wasn't plume. She said the manager was no longer around to discuss, but he had told her that mold only occurs if the humidity is ABOVE 100%. :r

The funny part was that they removed the majority of the moldy cigars and wiped off the mold from the ones remaining in the cabinet. What ever happened to just admitting it, fixing the situation and not trying to lie. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

PS. Steak was pretty good.

must be nice to smoke in the steakhouse.

Going to Ruth Chris this Tuesday and I can assure you there will be no smoking inside here in the lovely state of Connecticut.

Going to Ruth Chris this Tuesday and I can assure you there will be no smoking inside here in the lovely state of Connecticut.

I live in CT also, must be nice to have a steak and then be able to go to the bar for after dinner drinks and cigar. I remeber when us nutmegers used to be able to do that. Plus there are no real good spots with a patio round Ruth Chris's to go have a smoke, unless you want to hang in a parking lot with the Teens who race on the Pike.

I live in CT also, must be nice to have a steak and then be able to go to the bar for after dinner drinks and cigar. I remeber when us nutmegers used to be able to do that. Plus there are no real good spots with a patio round Ruth Chris's to go have a smoke, unless you want to hang in a parking lot with the Teens who race on the Pike.

Boy, that's the truth. I'm coming back to Mystic to visit the family for a week this month, and already know my time smoking with my father will be strictly limited to the house.

Not that I'm complaining, as there are far worse things in the world than smoking a couple good sticks with your old man on the front porch of the house you grew up in reminiscing about your youth.

must be nice to smoke in the steakhouse.

Same here in MA... I found a couple "friendly" restaurants though.

Too bad on the mold though... :ss

Move on down fellas. Plenty of smoking spots left in NC:tu
The state gov't has voted on a bill to ban smoking in all restaraunts a few times here in NC. Always voted down, but it is rejected by slimmer numbers each time it comes to the floor. Glad I still live in a big tobacco state.

The state gov't has voted on a bill to ban smoking in all restaraunts a few times here in NC. Always voted down, but it is rejected by slimmer numbers each time it comes to the floor. Glad I still live in a big tobacco state.

The owner of the restuarant should be able to choose weather HE or SHE wants smoking in HIS place of business or not .....after all the government doesn"t OWN the restuarant........If people choose not to patronize the establishment that should be THEIR choice.....the government will push to ban smoking everywhere including your own home sooner or later...........

Back