Another Taboo Twist reveiw

Major Captain Silly

Poker for the troops
I got the Taboo Twist Torp in my sampler pack and torched it last week. Up until then, I would have said I never met a 'Barber Pole" style cigar that I liked. The Taboo Twist has changed my mind! This medium bodied beauty was rolled perfectly to give an excellent draw and lots of smoke. The wrapper had a velvety quality about it like some Avos I've had. The smoke had that woodsy character to it that I enjoy so much. The burn was perfect and the flavor stayed consistently woodsy throughout. It didn't get acrid at the end so, this is one of the few cigars I've nubbed in awhile. Since it's been a week ago that I smoked it, I can't give much more detail other than this was one completely satisfying smoke. 5 Stars baybeeee!

MCS

Nice Review, Major! I tried a custom "Barber Pole" cigar in St. Maarten this past week that I Paid $15 for that was awful! I'm looking forward to trying Rob's 'Twists" since I have always enjoyed the Taboo cigars!

:tu

Thanks for the review. I have a few Twists resting in the humi that I'm waiting to spark up, and it sounds like they're going to be a pretty good smoke.

I love the Taboo Twist. Last night I was sorting through cigars on my floor and I stepped on a Taboo Twist churchill and crushed half the cigar!

Thanks for the review MCS. I lit up a Torp the other day from the latest batch from Taboo and my impressions were the same as yours - a very tasty smoke. I was especially impressed with the construction. The last couple of NON Taboo Torps I had smoked were rolled so badly it was like sucking cement through a straw. I was questioning my judgment ordering a box of torps. Rob came through like a champ. This Torp from Taboo was perfectly rolled and drew like a dream the whole way - very nice!

I love the Taboo Twist. Last night I was sorting through cigars on my floor and I stepped on a Taboo Twist churchill and crushed half the cigar!

Sorting cigars on your floor!!? You must have very very clean floors. Does the 5 second rule apply?

Everytime I read or hear about these smokes it makes me want to get me hands on some. Thanks for the reveiw, I think its time to bite the bullet on these.

Nice review, MCS :tu

I am a convert to these little beauties myself. Rob has a good thing going on at Taboo! :ss

Sorting cigars on your floor!!? You must have very very clean floors. Does the 5 second rule apply?

Haha. I am a bit of a slob, but I was just sorting through my stash from my recent Taboo trip in Dallas. They were in the cello and it was in my clean closet. So it's not really gross, it just sounds that way :)

Hehe nope they're not discontinued. They sold out their previous shipment in a couple of weeks and he's waiting on more.

Nice review, Scott. I've yet to try these. I heard they're discontinued?

That is NOT TRUE. :ss

Who told you that?

We are very very low on Taboo Twist stock. I just spoke with the factory on 3/10. more on the way. maybe 2-3weeks? We are also expecting more Special Forces Original, BC and HSG. Of course, I have to test them first...........

I love this cigar!!!! (Smoking a Twist Toro)

Thanks for the support

Rob

I just received a Twist in my amazing top shelf sampler from Taboo. Packed like it they were made of glass at my door 48 hrs from my order. Oh yeah Padron 80th, 40th, Ashton ESG, Olivia V Beli, Taboo Twis Torp, & Olivia V Lancero 60$ shipped. Pretty sick prices and service. Hats off to Rob.

Sorry to threadjack back onto the topic. Haven't smoked the Twist yet but it is one of best smelling sticks I have ever experienced. Kinda of rich and sweet smelling. If it tastes as good as it smells I'm in for at treat. I can't wait to have the time to smoke it.

Back