Any idears?

JerseyStepUp

ChestBeater
whats going on everyone? I'm new to the cigar world.. have been smoking about 2 months.. a quick background of what going on...

me and my gf of 5 years are going to the carribbean in 2 1/2 weeks.. and im going to propose :) Now ive been saving for this trip and the "you know what" for soooo long.. as well as we are ver close to putting a down payment on our first home..

well i wanna bring a few cigars with me on vaca.. but since my budget is SO tight i need help with what i should pick up as far as bang for my buck goes.. after all.. ill hopefully be celebrating...

I like mild-medium blends.. what ive smoked and liked: rocky patel edge light (my fave), cusano 18, oliva series o, chateu real, romeo y juliet reserve real, and perdomo lot 23.. thats off the top of my head.. i generally smoke church hills or bigger sticks.. but still like a nice robusto.. no were talking like a $20 budget hear guys.. suggestionss pleasee :ss

They're not that expensive and it's for a special occassion. He also said that his budget is not that small. Maybe my version of budget is different. $15 sticks are to me getting into the high range.

La Tradicion Cubana makes great cigars for the buck. Not easy to find in the stores, but you can get them online pretty easily. Gran Habano is another one to check out.

But c'mon now. If she says yes (and of course she will) you will need at least one Padron 1964. Good luck!!

Thanks for the quick replies guys.. yea im looking at around 20 dollars.. scks i know... i went this afternoon to my local shop and as suggested either la vieja habana.... which from what i understand is a low line from drew estates.. and a cigar called "GR Specials" from guilerrmo rico... which i couldnt find much on.. Were going to be gone for 9 days and im trying to have enough cigars to last me everyday :)

Depending on where you live Padron 2000 maddies should be a good value. Also cant go wrong with a Punch Rare Corojo or Gran Puro. :tu

Guillermo Rico makes Gran Habano. The "Specials" are their seconds -- I haven't tried them, but on your budget I'd give them a shot.

I've got to second the Padron 64. It is on the expensive side, but for the occassion, it's worth it. The Padron 2000 is much cheaper, but just as good IMO.

Wellll guys.. thanks for all the help it was a GREAT vacation! she said yes! i ended up bringing with me a few flor de oliva gold's.. 2 chateau real's... and 2 perdomo reserve campagnes.. All worked out great.. Just wanted to thank everyne for their suggestions.. and cant wait to hit my local b&m to try some out.. thanks again !

Fiver of Olivia V's from cbid. I like them better than the G's, and the G's are down right tasty.

gonna shower and go grab it now :) thatll be my snday afternoon smoke today.. i just checked on CI and famous to see what a 10 pack of them would cost and they both seem to be backordered :(

I grabbed a fiver frm CI two weeks ago. It was the Series "O" Robusto. Awesome smoke, actually on the fence as to whether I like it more than the V. For $3 per stick, you are within budget (hopefully) and have one helluva smoke as well. I went for the naturals and loved everything about them. PErfect construction, excellent draw and the burn was impeccable. Didn't purge or relight or touch up a thing. Medium bodied and a ton of good stuff going on in these Oliva's.

gonna shower and go grab it now :) thatll be my snday afternoon smoke today.. i just checked on CI and famous to see what a 10 pack of them would cost and they both seem to be backordered :(

I grabbed a fiver frm CI two weeks ago. It was the Series "O" Robusto. Awesome smoke, actually on the fence as to whether I like it more than the V. For $3 per stick, you are within budget (hopefully) and have one helluva smoke as well. I went for the naturals and loved everything about them. PErfect construction, excellent draw and the burn was impeccable. Didn't purge or relight or touch up a thing. Medium bodied and a ton of good stuff going on in these Oliva's.
I love the "O", and I am going to venture out on a branch and say that I like them better than the "V". Now if I could just find the "G" which I hear only good things about, I would be in business. :tu

I saw the G's at my local cigar shop (in NJ). I have also seen them on famous smoke and cheaper cigars. Very affordable and I hear they are excellent.

Back