Anybody use drymistat in travel humis?

AggieChemDoc

Young Ape
I picked up a nice little 5ct Xtreme travel humi from a B&M here in Denver during my travels. I have a drymistat on me, and wasn't going to fool with the humidification disk in the humi. Only problem with the drymistat is it uses up 20% of my storage space... :ss

I tried that, but it didn't work out to well. I carry my humi in my backpack, and it gets tossed around at times. I had a little bit of the 'gel' come out of the tiny holes in the cap. Luckily, no damage to cigars. Long story short, I stopped using drymistats there.

How long are you going to have the sticks in the case? If it is for only a few days it won't hurt anything to go without any humidification. This is assuming the case seals well. I wouldn't try this with a leather finger case.
Many people dry box their cigars in a low humidity environment (sometimes a couple weeks) before smoking. A few days and you'll be fine. Use the space for more smokes :ss

I used these at one time, but had bad luck with them when flying. They always burst (possibly due to the change in air pressure) and ruined too many cigars.

I have used humidipacs (sp?) on flights with no problems, though.

Hope that helps.

I have a 10 count travel humidor, and use both the drymistat tubes and the disk (the came with it), it seems to work just fine for me, and only takes up one slot, so not really too much lost there.

How long are you going to have the sticks in the case? If it is for only a few days it won't hurt anything to go without any humidification. This is assuming the case seals well. I wouldn't try this with a leather finger case.
Many people dry box their cigars in a low humidity environment (sometimes a couple weeks) before smoking. A few days and you'll be fine. Use the space for more smokes :ss
:tpd: The xtremes, like the otter boxes are air tight, if it's only a few days you don't need to add any humidification.

The few times I have with mine, the sticks wound up being waaaaayyy too wet.

I've used one in my 15 ct travel humi for a while now. I love it, and it has always worked great. But don't forget to add a thin sheet of spanish cedar to it... That make a big difference. Good luck!

I too have had good luck. I have a round case that will hold about 25 or so small cigars sitting on my desk. I have one in there and also one in my Montecristo Pyramid humi in one of the small trays at the top to give my it a little extra. I can see how they would not be great if they were bounced around a lot.

Michael

I use one in my travel humi as well and it works great. I think your problem is that your travel humi is too small, buy a larger one and losing 1 sticks space won't matter so much. :2

If I remember right on of the vendors has them all on sale, check the retailers forum.

When I use my 5 count I don't bother I smoke them to fast,anything bigger 15 or 40 humi count I have a baby Puck I throw in if I'm going to be gone more than a few days

Back