Anyone been to Vietnam?

BigDawgFan

Up Next-Ugly Orange Team
My wife and I are in the process of adopting from Vietnam and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on sights to see. We figured since this will be the first two weeks we have had off in the past three years we would try to make the most of it.
Oh yeah, any idea of where to pick up some smokes?:ss
Thanks - BDF

I've never been there but I personally work with several people from Vietnam...so if you give me an idea of where you'll be initially I can pose this to them and see what comes out of it.

CONGRATS btw!!

I think I'm safe to say that you are a military history buff, like myself? Depending where you are going, I would research where American military bases were. If you are going to Hanoi , I think there are Museums and of course the infamous Hanoi Hilton. Where are you going?

I would be willing to bet that some of the older fellas here have been to Vietnam, but I doubt they did any sightseeing.

I think the orphanage is in DeNang(sp?) The only thing that I know for sure is that wwe are going sometime between now and the end of the year. I don't know if we will be able to move about the country freely or not. I have done some research and found some CC dealers in the country but I think they are in Hanoi. Pacific something or other.
I'll just be glad to get it finally done! We've waited over a year on this little girl and it's time she gets to come home!:tu

My best friend went less than a year ago to check it out. He loved it, said he got to crawl around in the caves where the VC hid; he said it was a really cool place. I can ask him where he recommends going if you'd like.

I think the orphanage is in DeNang(sp?) The only thing that I know for sure is that wwe are going sometime between now and the end of the year. I don't know if we will be able to move about the country freely or not. I have done some research and found some CC dealers in the country but I think they are in Hanoi. Pacific something or other.
I'll just be glad to get it finally done! We've waited over a year on this little girl and it's time she gets to come home!:tu

That's so awesome, man! Congrats on the adoption! :bl

If you are going to be in Da Nang, be sure to check out the city and beaches of HUE. It's just a bit north and east of Da Nang.

And get yourself some PHO (Veitamese soup) with rare skirt steak. It is one of my favorite soups. As for the adoption, good luck and I am sure your experience with a new child will be awesome! :tu

Congrats on the new addition to your family!!!

Forrest gump's buddy (bubba), he said "them vietnam shrimps, is good shrimps!" I bet the seafood out that way is nice.

My best friend went less than a year ago to check it out. He loved it, said he got to crawl around in the caves where the VC hid; he said it was a really cool place. I can ask him where he recommends going if you'd like.

Think of how amusing it was in 1969!

Back