Anyone get to smoke a La Riqueza

cigarlvr

ChestBeater
I understand they are starting to hit dealer shelfs and wanted to see if you have smoked one how are they? They sound great.

I've smoked the #5, and it's excellent. I can already tell you that I'll be buying more of these. They're not like any Tatuaje I've smoked so far. The beginning almost has hints of fruit or a light citrus flavor, which graduates towards a more typical earth taste. The finish doesn't deviate too much, but moves towards a much fuller flavor.

They've burned great so far. I haven't needed to do any re-touching with my torch, which is a new one on me dealing with any Pete product! I want to do a full-fledged review with pics as soon as my cold goes away.

Yeah, that's right, I smoked them fresh off the truck with a head cold.

I was given one last Tuesday night.

I think it was a little too fresh to give a accurate and fair review, but I must say that I did like it and think it will be a great cigar with a little age.

I will buy some when I get a chance.
Ken

Mail lady just set a box from dan on the counter. I'm going to crack the sampler open first and try the #4 brfore diving into the box of #3s. I'll return with a review.

I love Tats, but to me the two La Riqueza's I've had were a little lacking. I will agree with the previous posters that there was a definite fruit/sweet taste to the #5. I hope they get better with time.

Great construction and draw, but the taste just wasn't doing anything for me.

That's my :2.

I love Tats, but to me the two La Riqueza's I've had were a little lacking. I will agree with the previous posters that there was a definite fruit/sweet taste to the #5. I hope they get better with time.

Great construction and draw, but the taste just wasn't doing anything for me.

That's my :2.

:tpd:
i think a lot of people will like these. i prefer the brown and black labels.

I had one at a Tatutaje tasting that Pete passed me. It was a sample rolled by novice rollers; so the construction wasn't up to typical Pepin standards. Pete told me not to worry about it.

What really stuck out to me was the broadleaf wrapper. It definitely imparted a sweeter flavor profile with the typical Nigaraguan flavor from the filler. I thoroughly enjoyed the smoke but I wasn't able to get the full taste as I was smoking a Verocu when Pete handed me this.

Yes... I will be ordering a box soon. :tu

I've also had the opportunity to sample the #5, and I must say it was quite good. I'm quite happy with the rest of the Tat line, and so I'm not terribly tempted to buy more.

The #4 (5 x 48 Robusto/Hermoso) is a great medium smoke IMHO, Burned very nice for a young cigar. Ash fell off every 3/4 of an inch. The cigar has a Sweet, Smokey flavor with a Toasty finish. I think this line is going to be a wonderful summertime smoke. Start to finish in about 50 min.

Looks like I'll be calling Dan at new havana cigars agian shortly.

Cary Z

These also landed yesterday at my B&M. I picked up a hand full of the various sizes and lit up the #4 as well. IMHO this is a very good stick. I got a lot of flavors out of the one I smoked last night. The pre-light draw was very good and I the smell was incredible. This reminded me of the PAN64 profile, but the construction and taste were just outstanding. Sadly, the B&M had only one box for each size, but I am first in line for the next box that will be coming soon.

:cb

These also landed yesterday at my B&M. I picked up a hand full of the various sizes and lit up the #4 as well. IMHO this is a very good stick. I got a lot of flavors out of the one I smoked last night. The pre-light draw was very good and I the smell was incredible. This reminded me of the PAN64 profile, but the construction and taste were just outstanding. Sadly, the B&M had only one box for each size, but I am first in line for the next box that will be coming soon.

:cb

:tpd: Just finished a #5, very nice stick indeed!

Back