Anyone had trouble with Igloo latches?

Finfan

ChestBeater
I'm in the market for a cooler for the coveted coolerdor and checked out the igloo 120 qt at walmart. They had one in stock at my local store, but one of the latches didnt close. I didnt really like they way these things close (with the two latches)--seems like it might break after a while. Anyone had this problem? Thanks.

ah, so they do. so they do. thanks. just checked it out and those latches are $4. Ok Im sold. Coolerdor here I come. step aside, bank account. Send the kids to the neighbors, Im comin home loaded (with smokes).

You'll be fine, I use an Igloo Cooler stood upright, I've had it over a year, just checked the hinges, and all three are perfect.... and these hinges get used.

You'll be fine, I use an Igloo Cooler stood upright, I've had it over a year, just checked the hinges, and all three are perfect.... and these hinges get used.

Dgar,
Do you have any major differences between the RH at the top and the RH at the bottom of your coolerdor (since you stand it on end?). I'm preparing a coolerdor now and like your set-up.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kevin

Hi Kevin, The difference in humidity from top to bottom is probably 2-3%... not much. I've never noticed a problem with my cigars. I have a friend with a 6 foot tall commercial humidor, that was tough to get the humidity even in.... But 6lbs of beads, and he's fine now.

I use 70% beads and a Diamond Crown humidifier.. I think and it's just my guess, but the spanish cedar helps maintain the correct humidity, and the two Oust fans I use help keep the humidity more evenly distributed.

Good luck with your cooler. their easy to make, have fun with it.

The latches were the first problem I noticed when I got mine home. After doing the light test and noticing the cooler did not have a vey good seal at all, I got weather stripping and put it on the lid and around the top edge. Then I noticed that on the latch where the little pegs clicks into it is not a complete circle so when there is upward pressure the lid is free to slide up on it's own and the latch to pop off the peg.

Back