Anyone have this Humidor? (and What do you think of it?)

TheRealJason

Young Ape
Alright guys, I am new to this slope, and I'm starting to slip! I got a 20ct humidor with my 8 stick sampler from CI. With a couple of singles here and there, my hygro, and humidifier jar, I am getting full and looking for something else. I do not want to move to a coolidor yet, because I like having something nice to look at on my shelf/desk! I will eventually get one, probably when I get my first box, but for now I am looking at:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ch&Product_Code=DH-300GTB

Does anyone have this? What do you think of it? I figure it should provide me enough storage for my singles and trades, until I figure out exactly what I like.

I don't have that one, but I did notice you can get an imperfect for about $20 less.
Most people that have gotten the imperfect have been happy with them. Combine that with a 15% coupon [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]U5MPC787K9[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] (thanks to CohibaMan in another thread), and you can save some dough.

I have the 150ct Art Deco, and it looks great. The seal isn't too great, though. I may try some weatherstripping to improve it.

What a great lookin' humidor! I need to expand myself. Uh....mmm....donuts....

Anyway, I just washed out some tupperware last night, figuring I'd try that route out first, but like you, I definitely want something nice on my desk instead of tupperware...all a matter of cost, of course. :hn

aich75013, thanks for that coupon code! (CohibaMan too!)'

Cool, I thought I checked the imperfects, and didn't see one. Thanks for mentioning that, and also for the code!

I was going to go ahead and get that one, and maybe a pound of beads and a hygro from heartfelt.

I am guessing that I should probably have beads on each of the levels? Maybe a tube on each drawer, and the rest in the top?

I was just looking at this humidor this morning, so I would like to hear any feedback if someone has purchased it. And thanks for the 15% off coupon! Is there an expiration date?

Thanks

I am guessing that I should probably have beads on each of the levels? Maybe a tube on each drawer, and the rest in the top?

Good question, let's see what folks say. And please come back here and tell us what you thought about this humi. It really is a beaut. I've gone back to check it out several times already today.

I like the vinotemp idea (over the coolidor) and Scott (shililah or something...i can't quite remember) makes an insert of drawers you can put in there and other guys make their own shelves instead of drawers. I like the set of drawers better because it's completely enclosed in front & looks nice.

I was kinda leaning towards getting something like the humidor you found instead, though, something nice, classy, that you can put on the top of a desk or on a shelf. Not that there's anything wrong with the vinotemp because it's a pretty cool concept (no pun intended).

Scott is making a custom vino & drawer combo so I'm still considering that as an option. I'd like to see it first.

Cool, I thought I checked the imperfects, and didn't see one. Thanks for mentioning that, and also for the code!

I was going to go ahead and get that one, and maybe a pound of beads and a hygro from heartfelt.

I think spreading out the beads can only help.
I bought a pound of HCM beads from Shilala in 2oz bags. They are spread throughout my humidor. That is a lot more than I need (by about 4x), but I bought extra because it was a better deal, and I could put them in a small cooler when I get to that point.

I have that humidor - and I love it. I did not get an "imperfect"... however, I also did not pay the "asking" price. They have (or at least had) a "make an offer" button... I offered about 25 or 30 dollars less than the asking price - and they accepted. Shipping was quick - I think I got it in about 5 days max.

When mine came, it required some assembly (the hardware on the two flip out drawers)... the outside hardware. But it only took maybe 30 minutes to do - including 15 minutes hunting for my tools, taking everything out of the box, etc.

Believe me - it does NOT hold 300 - unless you get 300 very small cigars. But it holds 200 comfortably.

I have about 8 oz of Heartfelt beads in it... some up top, some down below and I hold rock steady at 65% RH here in central Texas.

It feels fairly well put together - although sometimes the drawers stick a bit if you don't have them perfectly straight and level when sliding them back in. But a minor inconvenience.

I wish I would have bought two of these off the bat, instead of getting my first humidor - a Savoy 50'er... from my local B&M. I could have gotten almost 2 of these for what I paid for my Savoy. But you live and learn.

I say go for it... and make sure you get some beads. You will NOT be disappointed.

Omaj

I have that humidor - and I love it. I did not get an "imperfect"... however, I also did not pay the "asking" price. They have (or at least had) a "make an offer" button... I offered about 25 or 30 dollars less than the asking price - and they accepted. Shipping was quick - I think I got it in about 5 days max.

When mine came, it required some assembly (the hardware on the two flip out drawers)... the outside hardware. But it only took maybe 30 minutes to do - including 15 minutes hunting for my tools, taking everything out of the box, etc.

Believe me - it does NOT hold 300 - unless you get 300 very small cigars. But it holds 200 comfortably.

I have about 8 oz of Heartfelt beads in it... some up top, some down below and I hold rock steady at 65% RH here in central Texas.

It feels fairly well put together - although sometimes the drawers stick a bit if you don't have them perfectly straight and level when sliding them back in. But a minor inconvenience.

I wish I would have bought two of these off the bat, instead of getting my first humidor - a Savoy 50'er... from my local B&M. I could have gotten almost 2 of these for what I paid for my Savoy. But you live and learn.

I say go for it... and make sure you get some beads. You will NOT be disappointed.

Omaj

just take some VERY fine steel wool and go over the bottoms of the drawers.. a lot of time you have little splinters sticking out that you really cannot see and that causes them to stick.... so the really fine steel wool will buff the bottoms smooth. Also.. once you get this one filled up.. you can then turn your 50 into your GO TO box.. so you don't have to keep opening and closing your new one. Although if you are like me.. I still like to peek in every now and then cause it.. well.. just looks kewl.:)

Spreading your beads throughout the humi will certainly keep things consistent. Nice Humi, good luck and enjoy the ride down the slope.

You could try www.cigarbid.com

I got one there and it's very nice, and it only cost about 35 bucks. It'll be on the auction block soon for a fund raiser for my wife's work.

Donations002.jpg

just take some VERY fine steel wool and go over the bottoms of the drawers.. a lot of time you have little splinters sticking out that you really cannot see and that causes them to stick.... so the really fine steel wool will buff the bottoms smooth. Also.. once you get this one filled up.. you can then turn your 50 into your GO TO box.. so you don't have to keep opening and closing your new one. Although if you are like me.. I still like to peek in every now and then cause it.. well.. just looks kewl.:)

Pastor Mike,

Thanks for the advice on the steel wool... I'll give it a shot.

As for the 50 being my GO TO box... I have several of them that I consider my GO TO box. After the original Savoy purchase and the one mentioned above, I also obtained an older 300 count box from a neighbor and a 25'er that I got on a combo humidor/cigar sampler from CBID that I take with me when I am away from home for a few days.

Unfortunately (or is that FORTUNATELY) - all are filled almost to the brim.

And to think - I bought my first cigars just after the start of the New Year - and have probably between 350 and 400 sticks on hand.:pp

Luckily, I have a wonderful wife who helps me search for the "best deals"... and doesn't mind buying some for me herself.

Omaj

I think it's a good looking humi, of course with the glass top you'll want to keep it out of direct sun light. You can never go wrong with Heartfelt beads, and the good thing about beads is you can't have too many. I would probably only go with a half pound and save room for more sticks. I use 4oz in my 300ct humi's and only have to recharge them every three months or so.​

Ok, I placed the order! It will be in my bedroom, away from the window, so it will avoid direct sunlight. The good news is that the closet in that rooms stays at pretty much a steady 69-70 degrees, so I may end up keeping it in there, although then I can't show it off!

Now off to Heartfelt...

Although if you are like me.. I still like to peek in every now and then cause it.. well.. just looks kewl.:)

Not to mention that it SMELLS great! I can't resist either. It's either opening up the box a few times or building a walk-in and putting a bed in there because I like the smell of the cedar and cigars so much.

You could try www.cigarbid.com I got one there and it's very nice, and it only cost about 35 bucks. It'll be on the auction block soon for a fund raiser for my wife's work.
Donations002.jpg

The very same one? I checked cigarbid but they don't have one up there. Uh...how can I bid on the one you got? :ss

And to think - I bought my first cigars just after the start of the New Year - and have probably between 350 and 400 sticks on hand.:pp

Ah, the slippery slope....I'm there with you brother, having just started up this year. I've got a ways to go to get to 350-400; I'm probably at about 65 right now but that's increasing daily. :D

"Honey, can you pick me up some more tupperware when you go to the market?"

Another place to check is http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ They have some excellent deals there - I've bought 4 humidors from them. They normally have "imperfects" also and I couldn't find anything wrong with the ones I have bought. :tu

Good luck sliding down the slope!!!

:chk:chk:chk:chk

Yep, I bought a cheaphumidors Imperfect...the "imperfection" was a reddish spot on the inlay (wood impefection) and a section on the back where the varnish was thin but was only viewable is the humi was on it's side.

So really, don't fear the imperfects. They tend to be good values.

And 3 cheers for cbid, I got a walnut burl 30ct humi about 3 weeks ago for $12. It's currently holding some sticks, and doing it well.

Alright, just placed an order with Heartfelt to get the odds and ends sorted out, and now await (not very) patiently for my packages to arrive!

I had added the option to add a seasoning pack when I got the humidor, only to read here that I needed 1 per 50 capacity +1, so I ordered more from heartfelt.

I also added my address to the rolodex!

Back