Anyone tried a Perdomo Cuban Parejo?

Cigar Hound

Reading More Posting Less
I was gifted one of these monster (6x62?) cigars a while back and have been letting it rest for awhile and decided to give it a try since I had a couple hours to kill. I'm not really sure of the size, but it was huge and tapered on both ends. I really wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised when I lit it and the very first puff was kind of spicy with a very pleasant aroma. My question is this, I've done a search and saw where a few people had tried them awhile back (last year or before) and just wondered what others reactions were to this stick. I haven't heard anyone discuss these and the impression I got was it was a pretty tasty stick, but I have no idea of cost or availability. Any thoughts??

Used to pick these up on Cbid in fivers and mixed size eight packs for not much money 'bout a year ago, (maybe $2.25 ea). Let them sit for six months and I was almost always good to go with these. Used to smoke them watching the college football games or MNF b/c they are so big. In fact I remember smoking one of these during the Texas USC game. Very tasty smoke imho but the funny thing about the one I smoked during the USC game, it completely lost its flavor during the last quarter. Of course, I had already smoked 4/5 of it over the last 90 min so no big deal. I still have about five left ready for next year. I've always enjoyed them although I've heard mixed reviews.

I've had a few thanks to that Texan, Matt and I liked them. Very tasty and if I remember correctly the burn and draw were good too.

I have a 5ver of these sitting in the humi and they have been in there since the winter. Figured I would wait for a nice summer day when I have nothing to do to fire these monsters up. I like you have every intention of smoking them but not expecting much from them.

There are a few 5'ers on Cbid right now..

I have one in the humi that Germantown Rob sent me.. I will let it rest a while before I go at it.

I'm glad these aren;t rockets. As I bought 10 or soo of these a year ago and have been lettng them sit. As I recall most of the reviews said burn problems but flavor was good. They smell good imho but I have yet to smoke one. THey are pretty cheap usually I think my 5vers were 7 bucks or so.

sounds like you tried the grande perfecto.
I have smoked an entire bundle of these and liked them .think u can get one for around $30 on cbid which is less than 50% of retail.

floydp said:
I've had a few thanks to that Texan, Matt and I liked them. Very tasty and if I remember correctly the burn and draw were good too.

I got a few of these from Matt also. I have wanted to try one, but MAN that is one BIG stick! Next time I have 2 hours to spend I'll give it a try.

Funny you bring this up because they were the latest cigars in my humi that I moved to my small desktop humi because I'm running out of space. I used to be a big fan of Perdomo, but no longer have much of a desire for these smokes. If you like them, I've got about 10 that I'd be willing to trade you for if interested.

I really liked the ones Ive had... Heck, I may have to buy some more.. King cat, Id take you up on your offer, but alot of my smokes are cheaper smokes, and Id bet I won't have something you like...
Scott

Galaga gifted me 2 at the last SoCal herf (thanks a lot Rick!), One Epicure and one Perfecto Grande). I smoked the Epicure and it was really Tasty :), very long smoke but very enjoyable IMHO. I am saving the Perfecto grande cause i need a large time margin available so I dont waste the cigar.

King Cat said:
Funny you bring this up because they were the latest cigars in my humi that I moved to my small desktop humi because I'm running out of space. I used to be a big fan of Perdomo, but no longer have much of a desire for these smokes. If you like them, I've got about 10 that I'd be willing to trade you for if interested.

I'm not a big fan of Perdomo, but this particular cigar was pretty good. I wouldn't mind doing a little trading. As I have no idea what retail on these are, what are some of your favorite sticks or what would you like in return?

They burn a bit faster than you would think looking at them.

I have had the Connecticut, Maduro, and Rosado wrapped ones. The Rosado wrapper is my favorite.

Almost ALL Perdomo cigars I have purchased are GREATLY improved by 90 days minimum humi time, and some like the P squared need even longer to hit their prime.

You can score these at great prices on CBid..
-Matt-

Back