Anyone tried these??

Cigar Hound

Reading More Posting Less
I was recently given a LHB La Luna cigar by an anonymous BOTL in a bomb, and I can't seem to find out anything about it. I know I'll hear, "Where's the PICTURE", and I'll post one as soon as I get a chance. But in the interim, the band is black and blue with LHB La Luna on it. It's a torpedo size and shape and appears to me a maduro or sumatra wrapper. Looks tasty, just curious if anyone else has tried them.

La Lunas are pretty good cigars, the company is based in Miami. Gael, the owner posts on CigarPass every now and then.
The LHB cigar you have is described in my cut and paste job from their website: http://www.lalunacigars.com/home.htm

LHB™
LA LUNA’s very popular “Little Havana Blend™” a.k.a. LHB, was first introduced in Miami, in the fall of 1996. The LHB was produced until 1999, when it was temporarily discontinued because LA LUNA started experimenting with bolder blends in Honduras. The original LHB was the first entry into the cigar market by La Luna and was widely accepted by the public.
LA LUNA has now come full circle and we have decided to re-introduce a newer version of this very popular line. Now produced in the Dominican Republic, the LHB is better than ever. The “new” LHB features a distinct Dominican flavor profile and the blend is now bolder, and more suited for today’s discriminating market. The LHB is currently available in 3 different “flavors”: Claro (medium body) Maduro (medium spicy) and the straightforward, full body, 2XL SunGrown. We’re confident that you’ll enjoy these excellent cigars.

-Matt-

Wouldn't you know Matt would have the answer. :r Got a question ask Matt. Guru of the Cigar world. :r :sl

Thanks Matt. I'm kind of anxious to see if anyone has tried one of these. I'm going to let it rest alittle then give it a try.

I had tried them but it was long ago, so being the incredibly generous patient guy I am - I decided to smoke a LHB Claro Torpedo this afternoon.

I think I bought a sampler/5er or something like that a little over 2 years ago. Smoked 2, gifted 2, and had this one waay down in the bottom of my cooler.

The cigar's construction, burn, draw, and appearance - flawless. This cigar's workmanship is among the best I have encountered - on par with Padron serie 26, Pepins, etc.

The flavor is good for your typical shade wrapped, Dominican filler medium bodied smoke. While this could be PERFECT for a lot of cigar fans, its not one of my preferred flavor profiles. If you like shade wrapped Dominican cigars this is by far one of the best ones out there - it will walk all over Dominican Montes, RyJs, etc. In Dominican cigars I generally only smoke the strongest ones like LfD, Lito, Avo Domaine, 100 Anos, etc etc. For medium bodied smokes I generally prefer Nicaraguan and Honduran cigars. For that reason I would not buy more for myself. I would say this would be an ideal stepping stone cigar to recommend to your Macanudo smoking pals.

Hope that helps!
-Matt-

Back