Anyone tried these?

bigdog20

ChestBeater
Looking to get some "different" cigars and real interested in what they are like... anyone know anything about these?

Acid Kuba Kuba
Acid Blondie
Kahlua by Drew Estate

WAY to sweet...I realize these are flavored but damn that flavor is strong. If you want a flavored smoke try a Drew Estates Java.

Acids are aromatically infused. O.K. once in a while when you want something different. Not something I like often at all. The Blondie is too sweet. Kahluas are popular - not my cup of tea. Will be out of production shortly. If you want to try it you'd better do it soon.

The only one of those I have tried is the kahlua. It had a pretty good taste but it was so damn sweet it hurt my teeth.

i have not personally smoked the acids but my uncle was smoking the blondie and it gave off a god awful smell so i would not recommend it or subject myself to trying one

Can't help you on the Acids, but the Kahlua too isn't horrible. Doesn't exactly taste like it should, given the name. It's sweeter, in my humble opinion.

I prefer my tobacco tasting like tobacco, but each to their own.

The Java by Drew Estates is a bit less extreme, so maybe you could try it, too? I know a guy who likes the Heaven favored, so that could be a possibility.

But I'll stick to my Maduros, Cameroons, and Connecticuts, thank you.

I've had all of them and the only one I could stand was the Khalua. The Kuba Kuba was overpowering and the Blondie was just aweful.

If you let the Khalua sit for a while it isn't as sweet. But you should try them just to see if it's your taste. Don't buy a box or a 5'er. Try to pick up a single and give them all a run. :tu

I actually enjoy an Acid (Kuba Kuba) once in awhile. I know it's sacriligious to some, so sue me. It's worth trying 1 or 2 to see if you like it, you never know. Never had the kahlua, though.

Last edited:
Well I've tried all of them and not a big fan. There is about 10 guys in my company that love them. So if you like sweet smelly cigars these are for you. :ss

While not a huge Acid fan, I have enjoyed the ones I've had, as a "change of pace" cigar. Some of them are sweet, but you know what? I like sweet. I love desserts, and a sugar-tipped cigar is a nice treat sometimes. It's like a dessert you can smoke! What's not to like about that?

And some of the other Acid's have a heavier perfume scent to them. Now, I may not want to smoke that at home, but if I was hanging out at da club, it could be a good chick magnet. ;-)

I've smoked a few of these. The flavor of the smoke is not too bad but I couldn't get past the sweetened tip. I enjoy Baccarats every once in a while which have a slightly sweetened tip but the Acids seemed to be soaked in sugar. After every puff you're left with a sugar coating that overpowers the flavor of the cigar.

The Drew Estates Naturals aren't too bad. IMHO, you should buy a few and try them out. Like everything else you might love them or hate them. Just make sure you store them separately. You don't want all your cigars smelling like a Kuba Kuba.

I had an Acid Wafe a couple weeks ago and puke squirted out my eyes.
It was like smoking old lady funeral home perfume. And as a rule, I like flavored cigars.
Not this one. :)

Back