Anyone try the 3x3?

Mystophales

Heavy Metal Jesus
Just wondering how popular this cigar is here. I have had a couple that I really enjoyed especially for the price and bought a bundle of nine at the local B&M for $25 today.

I haven't seen this one talked about much and was curious what others opinions are on them.:ss

Per txmatt:

The 3x3 and 4x4 cigars are made by Davidoff. I believe these are made in "the other" (unnamed) factory just outside Villa Gonzalez, DR and not the main Tabadom factory. Henke Kelner oversees both factories though.

These cigars (like Private Stock) are first quality cigars that are rolled with tobacco that was judged too ugly to roll into a Davi, Avo, Griffin's, Cusano, etc. The cigars are not seconds of Davidoff and the blend is different from all the other lines the Davi factories produces. You could say it is a first quality cigar rolled from second quality tobacco.

The tobacco likely did not get any aging once it was judged ugly; and the finished cigars get no time in cedar aging rooms. These cigars are rolled and shipped right away, and may retailers are frequently sold out of them.

What this means is that you need to age the damn things 90 days before you go smoking them.. If you keep a 3x3 or 4x4 in your humidor for 18 to 24 months it will be outstanding.

-Matt-

These are worth giving a try. My store sells them and they are generally a great cigar if you are in the mood for a smooth, mild smoke that maybe you wouldn't mind if it fell overboard while fishing or if you needed a shorter smoke that maybe you wouldn't mind stubbing out in the ashtray on short notice. That's not to say that they are bad cigars, only that the price makes the pocket book feel better in those situations than if say you let a REAL Davidoff fall overboard or had to stub one out in the ashtray. I also advise letting them age at least 3 months out of the tubes before trying to smoke them. Nothing super spectacular about these cigars except the price but overall just an average smoke, in my opinion.

I personally recommend the 4x4 over the 3x3 if your dealer carries both.

The 3x3 comes in an unlined tubo; IMO it is best practice to remove cigars from tubos if they don't have a cedar lining. Perhaps it is my imagination, but I get metallic notes on cigars I have aged in unlined tubes.

So don't buy the tubed version if you can spend a bit more and get 16 cigars instead of 9.

Back