Anyone try the RyJ Anniversario?

SmokeyJoe

Elder Jungle Leader
Hello assembled gorillas -

Went by my local B&M yesterday and saw that he had the new Romeo Y Julieta Anniversario full flavored cigars. He know's I like RyJs and I also have bought several full bodied smokes from him in the past... and he steered me away from those. He said he had folks returning them with construction issues and didn't like the flavor at all. He didn't refuse to sell them, but really seemed to be looking out for me.

Have you guys tried them? And what did you think? Thanks!

Hello assembled gorillas -

Went by my local B&M yesterday and saw that he had the new Romeo Y Julieta Anniversario full flavored cigars. He know's I like RyJs and I also have bought several full bodied smokes from him in the past... and he steered me away from those. He said he had folks returning them with construction issues and didn't like the flavor at all. He didn't refuse to sell them, but really seemed to be looking out for me.

Have you guys tried them? And what did you think? Thanks!

not sure about the various vintages, but i bought a box in late '05. don't recall any construction issues, although this cigar seemed to burn too fast for it's massive size. i ultimately didn't care for the flavor profile. not sure if that helps you much...

Last edited:
I had one the other day that had been resting in the humi for about 8 months.

The flavor from the get go isn't anything spactacular, that being said, after the 1st third it really comes into it's own. It's got alot of the coffee, leather, wood thing going on.

I didn't have any burn issues, it never got hot, and it's a good quality smoke. Med in profile, but not quite full at all.

had one sometime last year (churchie)-the only things i remember are that 1)it's not full bodied (IMHO), more like med or med/full & the main taste i got was charred wood, not my preferred flavor

The Anniversario was my favorite cigar for a long time. Probably smoked at least 10 boxes and can never remember a construction problem. Really enjoyed the flavor but they are not full bodied ... more medium ... IMO.

Always thought they were a pretty cigar ... the little veins in the Ecuadorian Sumatran wrapper turn almost white when you're smoking it.

The best part ... for me ... they are absolutely perfect with an ice cold gin martini.

The ones I have tried were well made and smoked just fine. They are medium in body for me.

Top25Cigar has reviews on this. Most are very favorable.

I guess there is the possibility of the B&M getting a bad batch or a box that was abused in shipment. It was very good of the vendor to warn you of problems. It shows he cares very much about the product he sells and the well being of his customers.

I smoked one at a wedding reception and didn't give a whole lot of thought to it. What I do remember was thinking every few puffs This is a really good cigar. I have smoked a few more since and have loved everyone. It is a cigar worth trying that is fo sho Bro.

Thanks guys... I knew I could count on the gorillas to give me the scoop. I will just have to plunk down the kizzash and try one. :ss

I've smokes a few of the toro size and really enjoyed them. I wouldn't say they are full bodied. And it was hard for me to pin down any flavors.

I smoked the maduro last night. No review, no pictures. The wrapper was a little oily and toothy. Had an intersting stiff and rough texture. Felt good on the lips. It was definatly full of flavour. There was some good complexity and full of maduro yumminess. I don't know if this helps, I hope so.

I've been sitting on some for roughly a year, and while I did not particularly like them at first, I did like them after several months. These are one of my go to cigars...I just don't like digging to the bottom of the cooler for em!

Haven't smoked one but I did pick up a couple of the empty boxes a while back at my local B&M. I added a small credo and they make awesome desk top humidors. One of the nicest boxes out there. Gifted one and kept one. It holds humidity great.

Bought one... let it sit for quite a while. Finally lit it up.
Hate to admit it, but the presentation of the packaging was impressive. I know it has nothing to do with how it smoked, but it did increase the anticipation!
Construction was flawless. It was a Robusto. Cut it flawlessly with a punch.
Wow... started with a bang with a fairly distinguishable leather taste.
First third was a very flavorful smoke with tons of thick smoke... something I really like in a cigar!
Seemed to mellow a bit for the next third, but held a full tobacco flavor. Smoke began to get a little thinner.
During the final third, it heated up to the point that I stopped a tad earlier than I normally do, but overall it was a very good smoke.
May not buy a lot of them, but I definitely would not turn a gifted one away. :r

Bought one... let it sit for quite a while. Finally lit it up.
Hate to admit it, but the presentation of the packaging was impressive.

yeah, i had forgotten - that was probably the best looking box i've ever bought. almost begs to be converted to a little desktop humi...

Back