Anyone using a Xikar round digital hygrometer

friz

Young Ape
Just bought one and the temp does not seem to go below 78. I know the temp in my room is below that. I am on my second salt test

Mine is sitting there @ 77F, a believable number right now.

Salt test over 24 hours showed it as a solid 1% high.

Put your humidor in the coolest place in the room (basement, closet, cupboard etc.) :tu

The salt test doesn't have anything to do with the temperature, just humidity :confused:

I am on my second salt test and after three hours it reads 80rh and 79F. My house always seems to be hot for I do not have central air and just a window AC in my bedroom. So I am not sure what the best place would be. Since I live in Massachusetts the temps will lower in a month or two but for know I am going to have to figure this it out

I am on my second salt test and after three hours it reads 80rh and 79F. My house always seems to be hot for I do not have central air and just a window AC in my bedroom. So I am not sure what the best place would be. Since I live in Massachusetts the temps will lower in a month or two but for know I am going to have to figure this it out

So the hygrometer is 4% high, not really that big of a problem. I would move the humidor to your room to keep the temperature well below 80 degrees. Again, the salt test does nothing to the temperature reading.

Back