Are we being watched?

Andyman

Home sweet Home!!
If you made a phone call today or sent an e-mail to a friend, there's a good chance what you said or wrote was captured and screened by the country's largest intelligence agency. The top-secret Global Surveillance Network is called Echelon, and it's run by the National Security Agency and four English-speaking allies: Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

Everything is looked at. The entire take is looked at. And the computer sorts out what it is told to sort out, be it, say, by key words such as 'bomb' or 'terrorist' or 'blow up,' to telephone numbers or--or a person's name. And people are getting caught, and--and that's great.

http://cryptome.org/echelon-60min.htm

Hmm.. we never use the word Bomb around here do we???

the government must have caught on to ya...they took your link down!!!

whatever you do, dont answer your door!!! :D

That's why when I exchange holiday eggnog recipes with aunt Martha I use 2048-bit blowfish encryption then steganographically hide the encrypted file in a picture of my rottweiler, Max. The photo is then compressed and encrypted with AES.

All the stuff about how to acquire munitions is ROT-26 encoded. :)

cmiller said:
That's why when I exchange holiday eggnog recipes with aunt Martha I use 2048-bit blowfish encryption then steganographically hide the encrypted file in a picture of my rottweiler, Max. The photo is then compressed and encrypted with AES.

Shcweeeet!!!

cmiller said:

Triple DES handshake.... Keep everything in *.bmp form....

CobraSkip said:
Don' believe everything you read. Besides it's against federal statute.

Im not sure about this fact. Every phone conversation you have ever had has been run through a word filter. If hot button words are said the phone conversation is red flagged for future review. I believe that also goes for public internet message boards. The question is...does the government actually care about cuban cigars so much as to be spying on us? If you read this board for more than 5 minutes any fed head can realize this site is not a community of violent murderers. So...has this site ever been red flagged...IMHO probably. Is it so now? I highly doubt it. The feds have bigger fish to fry than to bust those who enjoy a cuban. Just my 2 cents.

George Carlin claimed that in the 60's he answered every phone call by saying "F$#k Hoover" J. Edgar being head of the FBI at the time, because if they used wire tapped evidence against you they had to hand over copies of all wire taps that involved you. I suspect that life is not so simple now with the Patriot Act. I said to people I talked to in September of 2001 that whoever did this to the towers and the Pentagon took away a large part of our freedom. I more firmly believe it today.

This is fairly well known. Airbus and Thomson CSF argued pretty heavily in the eu parliament in 2000 that they had been victims of industrial espionage enabled via the echelon system.

Andyman said:
If you made a phone call today or sent an e-mail to a friend, there's a good chance what you said or wrote was captured and screened by the country's largest intelligence agency. The top-secret Global Surveillance Network is called Echelon, and it's run by the National Security Agency and four English-speaking allies: Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

Everything is looked at. The entire take is looked at. And the computer sorts out what it is told to sort out, be it, say, by key words such as 'bomb' or 'terrorist' or 'blow up,' to telephone numbers or--or a person's name. And people are getting caught, and--and that's great.

http://cryptome.org/echelon-60min.htm

Hmm.. we never use the word Bomb around here do we???

So according to this logic, this entire thread is now on the watch list....crap, I guess I'm now on the watch list too...

Back