Arganese Nicaraguan Robusto

MithShrike

SilverBack
So I snagged this one from work. Have to write a description for it so I might as well smoke one to know what it tastes like.

Construction: 7/10

This is a well constructed cigar. Small veins run the course of the wrapper. The only detractor from its appearance was a somewhat messy cap, it had some snags that look to have been smoothed over with rolling glue. It had a middling pre-light draw.

Burn: 8/10

It lit evenly from my single soft flame butane lighter. The burn was rather even, some small advancing areas that were solved by rotation and it never really advanced by more than an 1/8 of an inch. The ash held on for half of the cigar and was pretty solid.

Notes: I was drinking water with this cigar. My palate was fairly untouched as I had brushed my teeth about an hour before and I had some tea afterward. I had water before smoking too.

Flavor: 7/10

This was a smooth cigar all the way down. If the construction is anything similar to the maduro the tobacco should be well aged at about 7 years. The first third presented a sweet red bell pepper spice and some mellow woodiness. In the second third the cigar mellowed a little and kept up the woodiness. The red bell pepper spice developed into a white pepper flavor and there was a creamy finish. For the last third the white pepper continued on and some floral notes became apparent.

Overall: 7/10

I agree with the review but I find the sweet bell pepper/woodiness flavor to last thoughout the cigar. I like this cigar but if you try the CL3, you will get much more of this type of flavor profile, it is a fantastic cigar.

Back