Aristocrat Humidification?

rack04

Addie's Daddy
I'm looking at purchasing a Aristocrat Mini cabinet as a christmas present to myself. Any recommendations as to which humidification system to use with this cabinet? Aristocrat packages the Cigar Oasis PLUS, Aristocrat EXTEND humidification, and Digital Set & Forget with there cabinet but I know nothing about them. Thanks for any help.

The digital set and forget is the cat's bum. Keeps the RH within 1-2%, you fill up the reservoir once every 2 months and that's it. Works like a charm.

I think with a humi the size of the Aristocrat Mini you could get away with using a Cigar Oasis XL Plus. If I remember correctly, Bob Stabel told me in an email that he either designed the CO or it was built around his ideas. That being said....when I order a cabinet from him I will be getting the Set and Forget system.

Have no experience with the Oasis. I have a set & forget in my mini. I also have a DX drawer in the mini so there is a bit more volume to keep humidified. The humidity stays dead on at one degree below the maximum setting (so, if I set it at 70, it almost always reads 69). Remember that the set & forget is calibrated at +/- 2 degrees for RH. I think mine is probably at about -2. I attribute the rock solid RH level mostly to the quality of Dave's cabinet. That said, the set & forget quickly and easily corrects and maintains the humidity level wonderfully. For example, when I keep the door open while choosing a cigar, the system comes on and corrects the humidity quickly.

One thing I did was to move the reservoir unit to the top shelf, which is more in the center of the unit. I think that way, the set & forget better evens out the variations in humidity that occur through the vertical of the unit. A drawback to doing this is that the top shelf does not go all the way to the back to fully support the set & forget

I have the Set-N-Forget and freakin' LOVE it!!! Even in the dry desert wasteland that is AZ, it keeps me worry free.

Go with that.

Back