Aristoff Black - Deal

ky toker

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I've had a couple of these and they are pretty good. Don't take that as good in "RP Vintage" or "PSD4" good. For these prices they are hard to beat for a good inexpensive smoke.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_wkly.asp

Aristoff was a fancy-schmancy boom brand that originally sold for insane prices. Even though it was obnoxiously overpriced, Aristoff was still a very good cigar - one of the few super-premiums that almost lived up to the name. Today I've got a deal and a half on the Aristoff Black blend, a yummy maduro hailing from Nicaragua. This week only, for a paltry $1.25 per stick there ain't no doubt this deal's gonna be gone in a hot minute.
Aristoff Black is a coal-black beauty composed of Cuban-seed Dominican and Nicaraguan long-leaf tobaccos capped by a thick Connecticut Broadleaf maduro wrapper. Aged 2+ years, you can expect a wholly satisfying smoke with a medium to full body, complemented by rich, earthy flavors and hints of sweet spice.

Your choice of five scrumptious sizes, each nestled inside handsome cedar boxes. Boxes of 24, only $29.99. Hallelujah.

Robusto (4.5" x 50) CI Email Special: $29.99(MSRP: $72)
Robusto Extra (5.5" x 50) CI Email Special: $29.99(MSRP: $78)
Cuban Corona (5.6" x 46) CI Email Special: $29.99(MSRP: $72)
Double Corona (7" x 48) CI Email Special: $29.99(MSRP: $84)
Cigaritos (4.5" x 35) CI Email Special: $14.99(MSRP: $30)

Actually, the maduro blend "Aristoff Black," was released a few years ago & first launched at JR. It supposedly won an award the year of it's release. It is a well made & solid maduro.

I have had the cuban corona & the double corona & was quite fond of the cuban corona. Not terribly complex, but a very nice cigar. For this money, it's a great value.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Thanks for the comments guys. I saw this deal come through, but I knew nothing about them. I may have to pull the trigger on the Robustos now that I know they are worth the money.

I remember the Aristoff brand from the mid-90's. They were positioned as a 15.00-20.00 stick at the B&M's. They had this behemoth figuardo called the Master of the Universe, with a price to match. I had an Aristoff back then and it was a moderately good cigar, but had some construction problems and certainly wasnt worth the price. Then again, a lot of "premium" cigars back then were lousy.

Now, for 30.00/box, just about any stogie would be good - Aristoff may have changed since then, and may well be worth the 30.00/box tag. I would like to see some reviews on these sticks.

I haven't smoked one for several months, but IIRC I'd pay $2-3 without hesitation if I saw them in a shop.

JR used to sell them and that is who I first thought sent the email, but I'm not seeing them on the site now. Oh well.

If you are wanting to get a box and keep cost down these would be hard to beat.

Just let them rest a little after the trip so you don't call me a liar. :hn

I remember the original Aristoffs. No idea who made them back in the day, but they came in a cool plastic coffin with a description of the cigar printed on the back.

When JR's first got the new batch in, I bought a box and got a free DE egg :r The egg sucked but the blacks are pretty decent given the price.

Just got the Cuban Coronas off the truck. Looks like they've been dried out (ugly bumpy suckers) & need some humi time to bring em back, but they taste just fine with a med/full flavor profile.

I think this deal ends tomorrow & you have to call to get it. Mention the e-mail special.

My arrived a couple of days ago. Smoked one last night while having my Balzer towed. :mad: It started off with a bit of harshness to it, though calmed down was a decent smoke. Think they just need a little more time after that trip.

Back