Arrrgh You B@$tards! Lol!

And thus begins the slip down the slope.

Actually, I'm kind of ticked at cigarbid.

I got an email from them, advertising a sampler.

The email said "Retail Value $70." Starting bid was $29.99.

CI sells the same thing for $39.99.

I feel sorry for any suckers who put a max bid of $39.99 or more.

Another lost soul...

You're going to have less :2 now and your wife will :BS (if you have one that is). That, or you'll have to move back in with your parents - or BOTH.

Good luck.

And thus begins the slip down the slope.

Actually, I'm kind of ticked at cigarbid.

I got an email from them, advertising a sampler.

The email said "Retail Value $70." Starting bid was $29.99.

CI sells the same thing for $39.99.

I feel sorry for any suckers who put a max bid of $39.99 or more.
Research brother, research. No need to be mad at them. If you have spent any time there at all you will have no doubt seen many bids that make you just scratch your head. Typically it's just sheer laziness to not do the research and getting caught up in the bidding.

Just make sure before you bid you find out retail and don't get carried away. Worst feeling is to overbid on something. There's some helpful posts on how to make the pain less than necessary. I personally don't order from cbid anymore since it's gotten out of hand on premium smokes and it's an auction, but it's like going on ebay and trying to buy a Wii.

You now need a Package Management Strategy. Many people think that Joe is their friend, but the devil will hold your stuff until Thursday and then ship only 1 box. Joe just ships everything as quick as he can. I found out early on that the wife was only focused on the number of boxes and not what was in them. :r

I bid on some auctions for the troops, next thing I know I get an Email for Don Pepin Garcia CC robustos. $35 for 10. Its just not fair.

Oh boy...now you are in trouble!!!!!!

Just a word of advice. I too love the site, but it is getting crazy. I was bidding on some LFD Chisellitos, and the Chisel Gordas. I stopped because I could go on CI and order them cheaper. Yet some fool overbid them and in the end got taken!

Here is a great thread on shopping the net.
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126373&page=6

I check cbid and if I see something I like I search some of these sites and see if I am getting a deal or not. If not I just buy it from the site I am going to get the best price.

Happy Bidding!!!!

Retail value is just that - retail "value" and the benchmark for that is usually set too high by someone who is way overconfident with a cigar'. Deals can be found and you can bid with retail in mind if you have to know what the going rate is (specials, discounts, etc.) from a variety of locations. Bidding IS getting out of hand (to CI's glee, I'm sure) so if you don't do you're homework it's your fault if you overbid.

Nubs are a good example. People are bidding for fivers over what you can pay for singles and get the freebie thrown in. It hilarious to watch it sometimes.

Remember: Overbidders keep the lights on. Let 'em have at it.

:ss

I feel your pain man. I just "won" another box a couple of days ago. The slope is slippery, but its a fun ride :tu

smilies-4553.png

:r:r:r:r

Well I just upgraded to a 100-count humidor a few weeks ago. I've only got about 20 sticks in it now. This site will help me to "enable my humidor to hold its humidity" better, right? :tu

Back