Arturo Fuente Exquisito

Drew

Gorilla
I belive that's the name for this tiny little stick...

I couldn't resist any longer to fire up this awesome smelling little cigar that I picked up at my B&M last week. Nice and dark and just had a great aroma. My pallete is young and I've tried to find "earthy" in all my recent smokes as it seems to be a common trait. Well, this is the first one I thought..."hmmm now I think this might be the earthy they're talking about..." If anyone who's smoked one of these could help define what I was probably tasting, that'd be a great help! I haven't been able to herf with more experienced gorillas just yet to help define what flavors are coming through.

Let me tell you, for this tiny little stick, I've never been hit with such a hard buzz so fast. It might be due to my pace as I smoked it faster than a regular sized cigar, but regardless...I was feeling it coming up like a train at the 10min mark.

I would recommend this 20min smoke to anyone to carry to a social gathering that might not have a bunch of cigar smokers so you don't have to seclude yourself for an hour+ to enjoy it. It can offer you a quick enjoyment without interupting your social life too much.

Overall, well worth the $2.

Any input from people who've smoked these is greatly appreciated! :ss

Hehe, you must have a really low tolerance for nicotine! It's cool though, you can work your way up. You probably got the maduro wrapper, and you were probably smoking too fast because these are lightweight sticks, slow down and relax bro.
This should've lasted you atleast 30-45 mins on regular puffing speed.

btw, you don't inhale do you?

As for the earthy cigars, try a CAO Brazilla GOL, or a La Gloria Cubana Series R.

I was in a somewhat hurry...it was late and cold out, and I was by myself. I think it was a maduro as well. Also, I was hungry on a very empty stomach. I thought this one was supposed to last around 20min, and the short story more like 45min?

I have a CAO Brazillia sitting in the humi right now.

I want to try a "full" cigar and see what kinda damage it does. :ss

Ouch! An empty stomach and hard puffing don't mix at all! That explains almost everything.
Try eating a medium sized meal first, or snack on something before smoking, and never rush a smoke, cigars are for relaxing, so relax and chill :)

It's hard now, I never liked smoking outside by myself in the dark, but you learn to be patient and appreciate a good cigar.

A short story should last you about 1hr more, a good way to tell if you're smoking too fast is if the cherry looks like a cone shape. That and if the smoke gets a little too harsh to handle.

Also, even after smoking on a full/semi full stomach, one can still get nautious, try eating something sweet, sugar has been said to help with the nicotine punch.

Oh and if you want, pm your address and I might just be able to help you out on some "full" cigars. Keep up the reviews bro, good work.

Remember..relax!

strong?

I sprinkle Exquisitos on my Wheaties in the morning!!! :ss

just kidding........nice review.......keep em' coming

if you want a true powerhouse in a smaller stick, try the CAO Brazillia Piranha or the JdN Antano Machito........the JdN is pretty stiff on the nicotine scale.

The Exquisito is a very enjoyable little smoke.....good choice.

:D

Good review, nice little stick. In the maduro, I usually get a sweet creaminess out of this stick, a little less earthiness as you put it. I second the suggestions to take a little more time with these; smaller RG cigars can be true powerhouses of flavor, but they have to be smoked more delicately than a big LGC Serie R 60-rg hooter! If you have another exquisitos and get the handle on the smaller rg, try a longer thing-rg stick like a panatela or maybe a lonsdale. NC panatelas and lonsdales are getting a little harder to find in B&Ms with the continuing trend towards fat gauge cigars, but there are still quite a few good ones out there like Tatuaje and AF.

I try to always have a bunch of these on hand. They are a great 20 minute smoke when I'm in a hurry, or doing some yard work. They have a great flavor, not too strong. You might want to try the Rocky Patel Jrs too. Big bang for the buck.

Try the fuller sticks more towards the evening, after dinner.

Light sticks seem to fare well during the morning and noon times. I love that dark full after dinner smoke! and when in doubt, pull a Padron out!

Back