Ashton Cabinet: Climbing the NC list

ambientboy

...from the internet.
I got out of work early today, wandered into chat and was convinced within minutes that I needed to smoke something on this gorgeous early evening. About 65F and sunny as all get out, I grabbed my Wall Street Journal and found a nice comfy picnic table behind our building. This was an Ashton Cabinet Toro

0528081721.jpg

This stick just screamed sexy. The golden wrapper reminded me of toned legs of a dominican hottie. But seriously, the presentation was lovely.

I clipped the cap, and found a pleasantly tight draw. My trusty Ronson toasted the foot with ease and I puffed away.

0528081721a.jpg

Right off the bat: Butter. Butter and a sweet creamy essence with a nutty aftertaste. The taste was quite substantial. I never know what to expect with a Connecticut wrapper, sometimes they're passive, sometimes they leap in your mouth. This was the latter for certain. I put the perfect blue smoke through my nose and I found a whole new dimension to the nuttiness.

0528081733.jpg

Consistently sweet and full bodied, occasionally hinting at a fine earl gray undertones with a tremendous tobacco taste. The aroma was so splendid I couldn't help but breathe in the smoke emanating from the roasting foot to get the macadamia nut flavor to hang in my mouth. I have never smoked so much of a cigar through my nose as this stick.

Construction was wonderful, giving the Cabbie a great burn and a perfect cone.

0528081732.jpg

0528081733a.jpg

0528081734.jpg

As I neared the last quarter of the cigar, the wrapper defied its purpose, attempting to escape the flames. Luckily it did not get far, and the burn worked itself out.

0528081746a.jpg

0528081746.jpg

The flavor grew as time went on, rocking a wonderfully full bodied complex Connecticut. It never got old. I never got tired of it. In fact, upon finishing, I wanted another. This made me sad for I realized I had only the one.

0528081800.jpg

This stick goes way to the top of my NC list, and might have even snuck in the Top 10 NC slot somewhere around #6. I give it an emphatic 9 out 10.

Last edited:
Great review. Thanks for the pics. Never had the Ashton Cabinet. A must buy, huh? Looked really good.

I love the Ashton Cabinet!!! if I would of know it was your last.......:D.

Thanks for the review and I am glad images are blocked here @ work:dr:dr:dr

Shawn

Dan - your reviews suck! You do not do enough to draw a clear mental image for the rest of us. Please be more descriptive and use adjectives next time! :ss

Screw the Wall Street Journal, I'll read a dictionary next time. that should help me out.

Or I could videotape my facial reactions to the flavor....
:dr:D:rolleyes::tu:ss

Very nice review! I've been thinking about picking some of those up to try and your review convinced me to quit thinking and do it! :ss

I have to agree with you. This is a sweet smooth smoke, and gives plenty of enjoyment. In fact I like these so much that I've got 3 boxes aging. They only get smoother, nuttier, creamier.

I've never not liked an Ashton. The Classics are really nice too, and somewhat similar to the Classics, but just not quite as flavorful. They need a bit more humi time too IMHO. Larry.

Back