Ashton ESG Delayed

Would have made a nice X-Mass gift to myself.

I guess I will have to spend money elsewhere.

I gotta go email my vendor. :p

damn, i dint even know about these. im always down for a 'master blend' like this ones loooks to be

hey any word on the Sopranos CAO cigar? is this pre or post X-Mas... i hope theregood i already like that Cadillac Trunk box they come in :p

Fuente does not need a marketing ploy with these cigars. They are going to be snatched up immediately no matter when they are released. They sport the same Chateau d'Fuente Dominican sun grown corojo wrapper that was used on the black-banded Forbidden X cigars from the platinum DVD set (just a different cutting of leaf), with a VSG blend on the inside.

The chef says they aren't ready to ship yet -- so they aren't ready to ship. No reason to break out the tinfoil hats! :)

besides, it's probably only a few fanatics like us that even knew it was scheduled for release and is now delayed. Everyone else will probably just notice it once it is released, and be just as excited.

mmblz said:
besides, it's probably only a few fanatics like us that even knew it was scheduled for release and is now delayed.

Come on now. We aren't fanatics........are we? :r

I get the feeling Ashton is going to try and milk the whole limited/rare thing with the ESG. According to their site, it won't be realeased till sometime early next year.

Jeff said:
I get the feeling Ashton is going to try and milk the whole limited/rare thing with the ESG. According to their site, it won't be realeased till sometime early next year.

More likely Spring.

I do not see what they are "milking" though? You're saying they wouldn't rather be selling them right now?

Ashton sells these cigars to retailers at wholesale cost. This does not go up or down, it's the same price no matter when they come out. I assure you that everyone at Ashton wants these cigars out yesterday.

moki said:
More likely Spring.

I do not see what they are "milking" though? You're saying they wouldn't rather be selling them right now?

Ashton sells these cigars to retailers at wholesale cost. This does not go up or down, it's the same price no matter when they come out. I assure you that everyone at Ashton wants these cigars out yesterday.

But does every retailer sell them at MSRP? Are you an Ashton insider or something?

Jeff said:
But does every retailer sell them at MSRP? Are you an Ashton insider or something?

Whether a retailer does or does not sell them at MSRP doesn't make a difference to Ashton in terms of the money they make. The wholesale price remains the same.

Damn them. The website still says they are delayed. Bah humbug... Merry Christmas to you Ashton. :r

Jeff said:
Damn them. The website still says they are delayed. Bah humbug... Merry Christmas to you Ashton. :r

Stop making me wait. Its April you bastages! :mad:

Jeff said:
Stop making me wait. Its April you bastages! :mad:

IMHO, it's going to be a while. You may hear from your Ashton rep that they will be here in April or May, but I'd be surprised if either happens.

Back