Ashton ESG review

hova45

Clubstogies Aristocrat
I did a box split with my cousing and have had them sitting in the humi since last year and I have these as my celebrate something cigar. Well I am celebrating getting back to school. Here is my thoughts about it a year later

What can I say about the ESG well it is a lovely looking cigar with a band that stands out from all others I would have to say that it is the most exquisite cigar band that I have seen to date. The cigar it self is a dark luscious chocolate color with tons of oiliness. I smelled the foot of the cigar before lighting it and it smelled of sweet chocolate and raisins. The construction of the cigar was great and well balanced. I went on the lighting of the cigar it took to the flame really well.

The first puffs were luscious delicious and velvety, with clouds of thick smoke. I would have to say that it was a very tasty cigar I wouldn’t rate it as one of my favorites not for the premium price you pay I would say that the cigar to me was worth more on the $15-$16 dollar range plus our outrageous NY tobacco tax. Sorry got off track there. I would have to say that the cigar had some nice spiciness to it like some sweet cinnamon. The flavors were also good somewhat fruity in nature with a nice nicotine punch. The cigar was of sweet woodiness all the way to the end with consistent flavors. While I would not purchase a box of these because to me it’s not worth the price I would definitely keep some in the humi for further aging and studying.

After having had many of these go through my hands,I decided to fire one up.
All the reviews I have read on this Churchill swung wildly both ways,I would have to say my thoughts mirrored Joey's.
Appearance 7 of 10
Construction 9 of 10
Aroma 8 of 10
Taste 7.5 of 10
Value 3 of 10

The unofficial TriShield rating w/o cost consideration is "Doesn't Suck"
If I had a 20 burning a hole in my pocket or a gift certificate,its worth a try.

Dave - with a "Doesn't Suck" rating for a 15-16 dollar cigar I would probably only buy one with the 20 dollar bill burning a hole in your pocket! :r

JMHO, I would much rather have a VSG. The ESG's I've had have seemed bland in comparison to the VSG. Maybe my tastes just aren't 'there' yet.

I had my first esg yesterday and i think Daves numbers are just about spot on I have two more in my humi but won't rush out to buy more (due only to price).

I don't think the 20 yr Churchill was very good--just so-so. The 21 yr Robusto was excellent--so good I bought a box. Yes, expensive, but.... :ss

Ashton ESG is a really great cigar if you can forget about the price. That's MHO anyway. There are an awfull lot of cigars that are just as good or better at much better values. To many even to start to list.

I love the ESG, admittedly its very expensive, I also like the churchill better. It has rare qualities that I just can't find in any other cigars and for that I applaud it. Besides its beautiful the band is a piece of art and It impeccably constructed.

Back