Ashton San Cristobal Guajiro Real Time Review

doctorcue

Tatuaje Whore
Wow... what a title. Anyway, bought one of these at the B&M last week. Been meaning to try it so here we go. Got my cutter, lighter, & cold beer in hand.

The cigar looks amazing. Nice oily wrapper with a light reddish tint. The cap cuts nice and easy without any tobacco pieces/crumbles. Light it up with my Blazer and it fires up very easy. First couple of draws are unlike any other Pepin I've had. Nice leathery character with some of that Pepin spice we're all used to. About 1/2" in and the ash is looking a very solid white.

More to come!

Hah... lucky for me I also have the nasaly (If that is a word) voice of him too. Good for me I can hold my own in jokes. :D

Back to the cigar, this has me for a little of a loop. Now this isn't a bad thing, just different. I guess I used to say a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 or a 601 Blue Label toro. The flavor of this cigar is a mellow-spice with a great leathery flavor. Now perhaps I'm getting used to it; but I think it has mellowed a bit from the start. The ash falls off about every inch in nice solid chunks. This so far has been a great cigar. About 1/3 in now.

So hear I am at the final third of the stick. A little over an hour invested. Great smoke. I have read other reviews mentioning a "meaty" or "nutty" flavor. I don't know if my taste buds can get that, but I do taste great leathery flavors with perhaps a bit of walnut & pepper. This is a great smoke. Something that you can enjoy for an hour and have no issues with the price paid. I certainly see a box in my future. Thanks for reading.

Great review; however, I have to say that I was not impressed with this stick. It was very overhyped in my opinion.

I think Ashton's influence on this blend required it to be a bit mellow. I enjoyed how smooth it was. Sure, there are some more complex & intense sticks out there. Yet, I enjoyed this for what it was. With Pepin all the fire these days; I'm sure this didn't meet everyones expectations.

Now by no way am I defending the stick; just adding to the discussion. That being said... for those who don't like it just means more for me. :D :tu

Overhyped for what.....an eight dollar cigar? I agree that if they were 11-12 bucks they might be. I think they are right at the price point they should be. Not my favorite, but definetly worth smoking many more of.

Good review!! Thanks for given me another stick for my to try list. Only prob is my b&m don't carry em. Not to mention Tats or any Pepins.

Another point to add is that noone has had time to try these w/ some age. I think it would give these a huge improvement w/ age as the flavors do need to merry more.

Back