Aurora 100 Anos serial numbers

Teninx

SilverBack
I haven't found an answer to this question, so I'm bringing it up to the astute primates of CS: Is there a key to determining the box date or age of Aurora 100 Anos from the box or individual cigar serial numbers? I've just received box number 10711 (haven't opened it to see the individual #s) and was wondering when it was put into distribution.

Teninx said:
I haven't found an answer to this question, so I'm bringing it up to the astute primates of CS: Is there a key to determining the box date or age of Aurora 100 Anos from the box or individual cigar serial numbers? I've just received box number 10711 (haven't opened it to see the individual #s) and was wondering when it was put into distribution.

Me, I would contact La Aurora, I've never seen this discussed for that particular cigar.

Crazy, it might...this is a box of robustos as well that came from a vendor in Chicago and was just delivered yesterday. I suppose I could ask the cigar shop when they got it in, as well as just ask Aurora....

I've got one that I bought early 05 and they didn't release until 04, so you can gauge from there. They all supposedly have been aged for a while before release so you already have a very good cigar, no matter what the age. Enjoy!

Sometimes I wonder if the idea of putting serial numbers on cigars is more marketing hype than an anti-counterfeiting measure. I'm aware that Padron is active in combating ripoffs, hence the numbering on the Anniversary line. But awhile back, I bought a box of CAO Black Mosiacs that was numbered "162of 6000" and a little while later, I saw another box with the same number....makes ya go "hmmmmmm"....

Teninx said:
Sometimes I wonder if the idea of putting serial numbers on cigars is more marketing hype than an anti-counterfeiting measure. I'm aware that Padron is active in combating ripoffs, hence the numbering on the Anniversary line. But awhile back, I bought a box of CAO Black Mosiacs that was numbered "162of 6000" and a little while later, I saw another box with the same number....makes ya go "hmmmmmm"....

Couldn't have said it any better. I totally agree. In the end, all it comes down to is how they taste...do you like them?

I haven't even broken the seal....they're still resting. And it's killing me because I've never had a 100 Anos yet.

Guys I am glad that you enjoy this cigar,for you info the # are going down and the next shipment is in June and the last one for this year is in October,we expect to ship in 07 the rest of the boxes depending on the wrapper,we will always try to keep this product with top quality as you guys deserve,thanks for your help.
Jose Blanco
La Aurora

Dirtyharry said:
Guys I am glad that you enjoy this cigar,for you info the # are going down and the next shipment is in June and the last one for this year is in October,we expect to ship in 07 the rest of the boxes depending on the wrapper,we will always try to keep this product with top quality as you guys deserve,thanks for your help.
Jose Blanco
La Aurora
Thank you for the info. Very informative.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to opening the box and enjoying the cigar. I must say that I love the Perferidos line, so I'm expecting good things from the 100 Anos.

Back