Avalon Cerberus - Mike Adams #4

khubli

Elder Jungle Leader
Tonight I had the pleasure to smoke a new release Avalon. The Cerberus - Mike Adams #4 was blended by ClubStogie's very own Pathman. Mike sent me a sample of these to try after we had been discussing them over the last couple of weeks. The #4 designation is the 4th blending by Mike to get this cigar where he wanted it. From my discussions with Mike I was very excited to try this cigar. Avalon spared no expense in creating this beautiful Corona.

Cerberus1.jpg

Cerberus2.jpg

Cerberus3.jpg

Frontmark/Vitola/Size: Avalon/Cerberus Mike Adams #4/Corona
Toro - 42x5.5

Wrapper: ?? (I don't remember for sure, I hope Mike will chime in on this)

Binder: ??

Filler: ??

Online Sources: Serious Cigars - Houston

First Impression: The wrapper is dark and oily with firm construction. There are some noticeable veins but expected in such a dark wrapper. The cigar feels good when holding it. There is a mocha honey/graham sweet smell from the cigar.

Prelight Draw: The pre-light draw is on the firmer side of medium. I could taste the mocha and cinnamon spice in the cigar before I lit this up. I knew already I was in for a treat.

Light: Toasted the foot and took my initial draw.

Pairing - Caffeine Free Coke

Smoking the Cigar: There is a build-up up sour melon, mocha, graham crackers, and spice that lingers in to a crescendo that releases before it's overpowering. This is a medium to full bodied smoke.

This is one very flavor filled cigar with tastes that I can't pinpoint but are very enjoyable. I detected the sour melon, honey graham, and mocha in the first 3rd. The flavors are extremely balanced producing a very pleasurable smoking experience.

The second third picks up some cream that is reminiscent of the AVO 22 that I smoked recently.

In the second half of the cigar, I noticed the flavor profile changing mid-draw. The honey-graham would transform into a blast of cream giving this cigar that's picking up in body a tamer feel.

I got into the last inch of this one and only then did I notice a bit of harshness. I had a hard time slowing down at this point, so I put it down reluctantly.

Summation: The burn on this cigar was flawless. By far the best Avalon and one of the best cigars that I've smoked recently. This is one to put on your list. Mike you did a fantastic job on this one.

An hour after I finished this cigar, I can still feel the honey graham lingering. It's a lasting cigar for sure.

My Scale for rating is as follows:
Appearance: 1-10
Construction: 1-10
Burn: 1-10
Taste: 1-10
Overall Experience: 1-60

For this cigar:
A- 8.5
C- 9
B- 10
T- 9
O- 57

For a total score of: 93.5

I can't say I've ever heard of Avalon cigars, but my mouth was watering after reading your review. I gotta find some!

Thanks for the great review.

I have had the pleasure of having a few of these thanks to Mike's relentless generosity and could not agree with you more, Ji. I can honestly say that as good as they are now that I can only imagine how much more complex they will be with a year on them or more. Nice review, bro.

scottie

Thanks for the stellar review and kind words Ji. We are really proud of this cigar and I can't wait to get it out and in the stores. I used a super premium Nica Habano wrapper, the filler is simply some of the best Nica ligero,seco and viso that exists in the world today. I used an Ecuadorian binder to let the filler and wrapper develop all the flavor. I will never understand all the food descriptions you used, but suffice to say, this is one tasty cigar. My mission as a blender will always be to enhance the taste sensations without overpowering the palate with spice and bitterness. That's not to say we don't like spicy cigars, I just will always strive for a balance that will produce consistent flavor the smoker will never tire of.

Mike Adams(no title required)
"Smoke the Blues"

After burning through the first 10 that Mike had given me, I was a little saddened that I couldn't find these in the shops yet.

Mike replenished my supply to last me a little while. I smoked another one of these last night. I finish these cigars wanting another. I really enjoy these.

Thanks again Mike! You're the best.

I am down at El Titan de Bronce Cigar in Little Havana and am enjoying this stick right now. Very nice!!! love the review, but the only way to truly know these cigar is to smoke one. Will try to bring some to the MMH III. :cb

I had the pleasure of smoking one of these with my CS herf group at an Avalon event back in November I think. I've been anxiously waiting for them to come out because it was FANTASTIC! Mike is a great guy too, very cool guy to talk with and smoke with!

I also had the pleasure of smoking one of these thanks to Mike at the debut of the Juke line at Micasa Cigars in Frisco, TX on March 28th. Since it was my first Avalon cigar I was pleasantly surprised/very impressed. Just like Ji so eloquently described, this is a very balanced and flavorful cigar. I definitely give it my :tu. Pick one (or several) up if you get the chance.

Back