Avalon Cigars

avalon_cigars

Young Ape
Hello to my fellow smokers! I read a bunch of posts on this site and decided it would be a good idea to introduce myself and our new company, Avalon Cigars. We are a small manufacturer of premium cigars that are rolled in the heart of Miami's Calle Ocho and aged in the cradel of the Mississippi Delta Blues in Clarksdale, Mississippi. We'll be submitting a few of our sticks to some members here for honest feedback (by honest feedback, we really mean praise, since our feelings might get hurt if everyone in the world doesn't love our product). We're on the web at avaloncigars.com and we are rolling out the product to local retailers across the country.

I look forward to meeting fellow BOTL.

Best regards,

Tom Ramsey, Principal
Avalon Cigars

Welcome to CS Tom! Always looking forward to try something new, so I'll keep an eye out for your cigars!!! :ss

Welcome to CS. I would love to taste some of your cigars. When you are ready to send some out let me know.

Welcome Tom, nice job on the website. Look forward to trying your cigars. Will they be available from any online retailers (I'm in CA where there are no inexpensive cigars)?

Last edited:
I'm in Hattiesburg, I'm originally from the south delta around Wayside area. I've been to Ground Zero many times. I just got back from Miami and the guys at El Titan de Bronze told me I needed to try you're sticks, said the "special" aging technique really added something special. Welcome to the board, it's a blast.

Greetings from the other side of the Globe (Finland that is)

i have only smoked cuban, nigaraguan and dominican cigars, so i do not really have an outlook concerning your products. It would be quite intriguing to try some someday.

I took a look at your web pages, and have to say, that they look pretty damn good. Nice design and feel going on there, congratulations.

Never tried quite similar sticks, i would have to guess, that your Ruby, Pinetop Perkins and Blind Missisippi Morris series could be something worth experiencing in the future.

They would possibly be a great broadening to my reviews on my blog http://worldofcigars.blogspot.com/

Hope you enjoy your stay in the jungle!

if you visit my blog, please give me some feedback on it.

if i am not targeted for the freebies, please be sure to make me an offer...

miker:hn

Last edited:
Welcome to CS! :ss

Just browsed the website, and you've definitely got an interesting sounding product. I'd love to give some of these a try sometime!

Welcome from your neighbor to the north. Good luck with your business and we look forward to hearing good things from you. I also am curious as to whether you will retail with online distributors as there is only one B&M close to me and he is a good guy...but:

1. There is NEVER a sale
2. He rarely (never) hands out samples
3. He's not into much that is new

(Oh, did I mention that he never has a sale?) :)

Again, good luck to you.

Welcome to CS!!!:tu

Like many others, I'd love to get a few samples of your product, however, if your truly not wanting honest reviews, you may not want to send any to me!

Johnny

Welcome to the jungle.

Well, I'm always curious about a new product and from what I see you have quite a few interesting cigars on your website.

I'm wondering if there are any samplers available as I am not quite sure what I would like to order. I like medium bodied maduros personally but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like taking my tastebuds on a rollercoaster ride.

I would be happy to volunteer as a product tester but I also will be brutally honest.

Welcome. Website looks good. Can't wait to try your cigars. I'll be looking for the retail links. Hopefully you will have a sapmler out.

Welcome Tom, nice looking website. Family, Music and Cigars a fine tradition to be sure.

Enjoy your time here and I look forward to going through your site and learning about your offerings. :ss

—Richard

Welcome to Club Stogie :cb

Great job on the website, it looks very nice. The picture of the man's lower face with a cigar in his mouth is awesome - very rustic, which I assume is what makes Avalon unique. I enjoyed the photo gallery even though I'm not sure whats going on. Is that Morgan Freeman?

The cigars sound very interesting, I personally like the unique names. It's a nice change from the "clasico" this, "limitada" that...

I look forward to hearing reviews and possibly seeing them available for purchase. Enjoy your stay here, it's a great place :)

Yes, that is Morgan Freeman. He lives near Clarksdale and is the best friend of a guy named Bill Luckett. Bill is a great friend of ours and is partially responsible for us locating in Clarksdale. Whenever Morgan and his wife are in town we usually get the chance to say hello and have a tasty beverage together. He and Bill are co-owners of a blues club in Clarksdale called Ground Zero Blues Club and a restaurant named Madidi.

Wow, I'm throughly impressed! Welcome to CS, and I look forward to seeing your cigars at my B&M. They sound tasty.

Yes, that is Morgan Freeman. He lives near Clarksdale and is the best friend of a guy named Bill Luckett. Bill is a great friend of ours and is partially responsible for us locating in Clarksdale. Whenever Morgan and his wife are in town we usually get the chance to say hello and have a tasty beverage together. He and Bill are co-owners of a blues club in Clarksdale called Ground Zero Blues Club and a restaurant named Madidi.

Tom, any friend of Morgans is a friend of mine.

Sorry, I think that says volumes about your company judging by the company you keep.

I can't begin to tell you what a stand up guy Morgan has been for Mississippi, the Delta and the town of Clarksdale. Whenever he is in town he makes a point to come to Ground Zero at least one night. He doesn't have bodyguards or a "posse." He comes in with a couple of friends, shakes hands with anyone who approaches him and patiently poses for pictures. He sits at one of the tables in the back and dances with his wife and his friends. When we first met him he asked about our relationship with the blues artists who are on our cigar bands. We told him that we pay a royalty direct to the artists and that the agreement is in writing, he asked how he could help and said that we were "definately doing the right thing." If you are ever in Clarksdale on a weekend night, there is a good chance you might run into him.

I can't begin to tell you what a stand up guy Morgan has been for Mississippi, the Delta and the town of Clarksdale. Whenever he is in town he makes a point to come to Ground Zero at least one night. He doesn't have bodyguards or a "posse." He comes in with a couple of friends, shakes hands with anyone who approaches him and patiently poses for pictures. He sits at one of the tables in the back and dances with his wife and his friends. When we first met him he asked about our relationship with the blues artists who are on our cigar bands. We told him that we pay a royalty direct to the artists and that the agreement is in writing, he asked how he could help and said that we were "definately doing the right thing." If you are ever in Clarksdale on a weekend night, there is a good chance you might run into him.

That's really cool. Morgan sounds like a great guy. I hear he's a pretty good actor too :D

Does he ever smoke cigars, or specifically, your cigars?

Back