Az Herf

Well, I thought since there are now more than 3 CS members residing in this state that we might get together in PHX for a HERF sometime in January.

I know that KScotty just moved to AZ and Slowhand lives in Tempe. Linus in Flagstaff and myself in Sedona, we should all meet up down there and have ourselves a little fun. :al I know someone lives in Tucson but I can't remember who it is. I apologize to whoever it is.

So what do you think Guys? I'm booked full through Dec but maybe Jan would be a good time. Anybody interested?

Heck, if we met anywhere, it should be in lovely Sedona :)

I'll be pretty darn busy the rest of this month and the first part of Jan., but after that, I wouldn't mind getting together and meeting some new folks. Wouldn't mind Sedona or Flagstaff (except maybe the darn snow up there).

Oh its damn gorgeous up here right now, only problem is there isn't near enough night life up here as opposed to down there. Our smoke shop is nice but relatively small and doesn't serve mixed drinks or food. I'm all up for smoking away up in the snowy mountains of Flag but just let me know what you guys think would be best, Big City or Snowy Mountains

Well So far I've only got one. It looks like me and Slowhand will have to smoke all the cigars by ourselves. I saw the pic from your recent FL HERF Bruce, it looked like a good time. And now that I'm equipped with some decent stogies I can leave the dog rockets at home.

I am down here in the corner of the state, in Yuma. I love going to Sedona with the wife, it is one of our favorite weekend get-a-ways. I can’t believe that they even allow a smoke shop there though. The place is crawling with lefties of the most extreme type, no offense to any of lefted friends, but these guys make Ralph Nader look like right-wing extremist. Smoking a nice cigar in some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world on daily bases would be a nice blessing.

It's actually quite nice because the smoke shop has an outdoor patio that shares space with the Martini Bar next to it. Nothing better than a cocktail and a smoke. Unfortunately the shop itself is rather small, but the view is nice. So are you interested ff6849?

I get down to the Tempe/Mesa area several times a year as my son goes to ASU. It would be cool to meet some you guys.

Well it looks like we have a few people interested. So Slowhand, I'll let it be your decision. Northern AZ or Central AZ? Big City or Red Rocks? Its your choice. After we get the venue we'll work on the date.

Hey guys....sorry for the delayed response! I am willing to go just about anywhere under the pretense of enjoying some quality cigars. If you want, I would be happy to talk with my local Tinder Box manager here in south PHX and get him to pony up some free stuff for us....he has a smallish smoking room that would be comfortable for 4-6 guys certainly, altho I don't think there I've ever noticed any food/drink. Besides, nothing says we have to stay in one place for the evening. Ideally I would have everyone over to my place, but the wife..................... :mad: :SM

Anyway, LCS owner is a new best friend since I have dropped about $900 in his shop just in the past 3 weeks as I fill my new coolerdor....

Let me know...it sounds like PHX is more central anyway....next time could be Sedona!

:w

Let me know what you decide. I get down to Scottsdale quite a bit for my "real job", and would love to join you.

Hey! You're on, PDS...it would be a pleasure to meet LLG Uno and share some of my stash w/you. I have in stock right now some CAO Gol!, Italia, Padron 3000, LGC Serie 5 and 6, Padron Delicias, and AF Gran Reserva.......

Let's see what the other AZers settle on, re: location........

Hey Guys,
You are welcome to come on down to Yuma!
We would love to have ya at the shop!...
I wish I could get away, but the shop keeps be pretty busy these days!

KScotty Sounds like a great idea, a place like the Tinder Box would be an ideal location for the Herf. Maybe we could do it in different places every couple of months. You know start in PHX, then the next Herf move to Sedona, and the next go visit Mdman in Yuma. Sounds awesome.

Ok KScotty, go ahead and see if the Tinder Box will let us Herf there. I'm sure none of us would object to that. If they give us the green light we'll start setting up a date.

Very Cool, Thanx KScotty. PDS it will be good to meet you.

hey I live, in the border to Calexico CA, so a drive to Yuma would be like, 1 hour. So if i am accepted :D i would like to join in to meet some of you guys.

Cool Carlos, we would love to have you. However it looks like the first HERF will be in Phoenix which is a little bit longer of a drive for you. It looks like its going to be late January. If you are willing to drive that far we would love to HERF with you.

I'll let you know the exact date as soon as I hear back from KScotty to confirm that we have our venue.

It'll be great to meet everyone.

Guys, can you give me an idea if you prefer Friday the 21st or the next Friday, the 28th of January? I'll check out both days with the LCS. Plus I have a couple of local cig friends who I would like to invite..they are not CS members yet, but I think we can let them join, no? :w

Back