Azen Neo lighter...just like its owner

AAlmeter

HOT for HILLARY!!
...ugly as sin, tough as hell, and holds a lot of gas.

I really beat up on my stuff, from my truck to my cell phone to my lighter. Plus I always carry a couple lighters when I'm out in the woods. So I wanted to get a lighter that I wouldn't mind abusing and probably losing, but one that would also be fairly reliable.

After shopping around a lot, I decided on the Azen Neo.

So far, I've held it out the truck window doing 30, dropped it from the second story of the house, and tossed it in the sink. Its still working just fine. It has a window where you can monitor your fuel level, and the whole thing is surrounded by a protective rubber exterior.

The best part is that its damn cheap. I got mine for $12.

The only drawbacks are the looks and its a little bulky. It works great for me though because my usual lighter duties involve the occasional cigar, lighting fires, and burning a lot of strings while restringing lacrosse sticks for the teams I coach. It is definitely not the lighter for making a classy statement, but the thing seems indestructible so far...which is more important to me.

Another review is here:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsportgearAZEN.html

and they are made by:

http://www.sportgear.ca/home.html

if you were looking for a really cheap lighter that is durable, try going to wal mart and looking for a Ronson beutane lighter. Its only 3 bucks and its metal, and feels pretty solid.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
Look in the review; they are using RONSON gas to fill it!!!:bn

Great review on this lighter. I am glad you shared the information with us; it doesn't seem to be marketed towards cigar smokers yet.. Yet another lighter for my collection.. :D

-Matt-

It must be a pretty darn well made lighter, to be able to take that garbage butane and keep on trucking. Everyone knows better round here, that stuff should only be used in the 1.50 ronson torches.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
Look in the review; they are using RONSON gas to fill it!!!:bn

Great review on this lighter. I am glad you shared the information with us; it doesn't seem to be marketed towards cigar smokers yet.. Yet another lighter for my collection.. (just ordered several green ones) :D

-Matt-

Yeah, I just happened to be in need of a decent all around lighter when I saw this mentioned in either F&S or Outdoor Life.

Hope you guys enjoy them. I'll be ordering another seeing as how I already lost mine. :hn

My 3 arrived on Saturday. I was a little disappointed with the flame height so I took one apart and was able to modify the stop point of the adjustment screw to a more generous level. I am going to modify the others as well, it is quite simple.

They use a generous amount of platinum on this lighter, (this is to make it more windproof) so in addition to putting out a lot of heat they also generate a serious amount of light.

I also noticed this lighter seems to the same as (or an incredible knockoff) the ~$55 Windmill Delta Lighter sold by sporting goods/camping supplies stores. The coloring of the Windmill Delta is better; but I got 3 of the Azen Neo lighters for less than 1 Windmill.

Thanks again for the info Adam.

-Matt-

No problem Matt. I think I'm going to see what I can do about the flame height as well. I haven't had a problem with it, but everyone likes a big flamer every now and then. :rolleyes:

:pu

I have the same one, but I ripped the plastic casing off of it. They sell them for like 9 bucks in the camping section at Wal-Mart.

Back