Azon Cigars-A pleasant surprise

bobarian

Elder Jungle Leader
Received one of these as a freebie from Michael at Azon Liquors. Its been resting in the Vino at 65/65 for about a month now. Decided now was the time to give this one a shot. Sorry, no pic's as I wanted to give this one my full attention.

Size-5x50 Robusto
Wrapper-Ecuadorian Shade grown Conni
Binder-Sumatra
Filler-Dominican

Well constructed, no soft spots. Nice somewhat oily wrapper with a nice double cap. Clipped perfectly with the Palio. Prelight draw was near perfect, just the right amount of resistance. Some sweetness with the prelight draw, but this was deceiving. Toasted the foot and the first puff was somewhat harsh. Oh no, another mediocre store blend. :dr But the harshness immediately vanished, and turned to a nice medium slight spicy and sweet flavor. First third was more of the same, very nice. Clouds of aromatic(in a good way) smoke. Second third the strength picked up a bit, to a solid medium. The site says mild/medium, but I thought more medium.
Final third was more of the same, not the most complex smoke. But I find very few NC's to have much complexity. But this had a nice depth of flavor.:tu Burn was near perfect never requiring a serious touchup. Purged as I got down to the last two inches and the flavors came back. Deep and rich, a bit earthy.

This was a fine smoke, especially for a store blend. :tu I would have liked a bit more ligero or even a maduro wrapper to ad some complexity. At $3.99 a piece these are a bargain. :ss Right up there with some of the name brand mid line smokes and better than many. Would love to see this in a Corona Extra or a double robusto. Give this one a shot, you wont be disappointed. A pleasant surprise.:tu:tu

I was off work today and decided to fire up the Churchill that was sent to me. I enjoyed the cigar. I would put it at a mild-medium. It reminded me of a CAO Gold, 5 Vegas Gold, and a Rocky Patel Connecticut. I would prefer a little more spice, but for a in-store smoke, I think you have it just right, especially if you are going to have this with coffee. The construction was good and had a pretty even burn. I would give this a 8/10.

Bob

I loved this cigar. I gave this an 8.5 out of 10. I didn't make any notes when I smoked it but thought it was a great smoke for a milder cigar.

Back