Back From Switzerland Contest

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Ok, I got back in Yesterday around 5 pm CST. So I'll make this an easy contest. The first person to post a suitable answer to this question wins one of the cigars I bought in Switzerland as well as several others to keep it company in the mail.

What is the elevation of Jungfraujoch and how long is the train tunnel to it (in km)?

Happy internet searching.

11,782ft
4-3/4 m. long, 10 ft. high, and 10 ft. wide

:)

jungbanner.jpg

200 feet elevation, 12 feet long (shameless post)

I'm not eligible, but hate to miss a chance to get ninja's attention... I'm sure he will look at this response just to see why I'm posting on his contest... Gotcha, ninja)

Nathan said:
Since it is Europe I will give the metric answer 3571m high and the tunnel is 7644.384 meters long.

Higher than a Zurich junkie and deeper than the turqoise tinted waters of Lake Brienz.

/got nothing

Well, JDO got the closest the quickest, I wasn't looking for exact numbers (although good searching for those of you who got them). The exact elevation was 3454 meters (11,333 ft.) and the exact length of the tunnel was 7.3 km. JDO wins the prize pack. And the next person to post here, no special answers needed, wins a prize pack as well.

Just some info about the tunnel. It got it's conception in the late 1890's and started in the early 1900's took 300 men 16 years to carve a 7.3 km tunnel out of sheer granite in freezing cold temperatures...in the winter the temperatures got down to -15 C and colder. The temperature inside the tunnel while I was there in June was 0 C (32F).

PM me your addy JDO and whoever the next person is to post, you can go ahead and PM me yours as well. Thanks for playing.

Ninja Vanish said:
Well, JDO got the closest the quickest, I wasn't looking for exact numbers (although good searching for those of you who got them). The exact elevation was 3454 meters (11,333 ft.) and the exact length of the tunnel was 7.3 km. JDO wins the prize pack. And the next person to post here, no special answers needed, wins a prize pack as well.

Just some info about the tunnel. It got it's conception in the late 1890's and started in the early 1900's took 300 men 16 years to carve a 7.3 km tunnel out of sheer granite in freezing cold temperatures...in the winter the temperatures got down to -15 C and colder. The temperature inside the tunnel while I was there in June was 0 C (32F).

PM me your addy JDO and whoever the next person is to post, you can go ahead and PM me yours as well. Thanks for playing.

Yay!! My first contest win!
Sending PM.

Thanks Ninja Vanish

Glad to hear your back safe Jeremy... hopefully your dad didn't find your stash while you were gone and smoke it all up ;)

Got any more good stories for us?

Franksmith said:
Glad to hear your back safe Jeremy... hopefully your dad didn't find your stash while you were gone and smoke it all up ;)

Got any more good stories for us?

I got alot of stories to tell. I also have some pictures to post. I just haev to get around to editing them. That will be another thread though. Probably coming soon this week or the next. I have to write alot tomorrow and Saturday for the magazine.

Back