Banded Edge

Interesting, personally I like The Edge box press Maduro. I wonder if those will have the foot band as well

Interesting.. My question is why spend the money. The bands aren't going to sell more of the cigar I don't think.. But Ive been wrong before.
Scott

Poriggity said:
Interesting.. My question is why spend the money. The bands aren't going to sell more of the cigar I don't think.. But Ive been wrong before.
Scott

I am curious as to why the band myself, oh well... I guess I will light up an Edge Light and not have to remove a band.

Great, does that mean the price will increase to cover the printing and manufacturing of the bands?:D

DriftyGypsy said:
I am curious as to why the band myself, oh well... I guess I will light up an Edge Light and not have to remove a band.
From the article: "The Edge Lite will have bands as well."

Is there a problem with them unraveling or fraying at the foot?

burninator said:
From the article: "The Edge Lite will have bands as well."

Is there a problem with them unraveling or fraying at the foot?

None that I have smoked have had a problem like that, now maybe if you buy them buy the box instead of sigles like I do it would be different.

DriftyGypsy said:
None that I have smoked have had a problem like that, now maybe if you buy them buy the box instead of sigles like I do it would be different.
Was just wondering if there's some reason for this or if it's just a strange, inconvenient gimmick.

I like this quote :

"The bands for The Edge are meant to be removed before smoking."

Good thing they included that little pearl of wisdom; I was thinking these might be some of those "smoke-through" bands.

I am a big fan of the Edges, and am happy with them sans band. I'm not sure why they need to be added, unless it is to differentiate them from some other unbanded cigars.

Ya know, from what I have seen of the Edge cigars, the impression I get whenever I go to buy any is that they are so much more of a cigar to appear anonymous; they need to be dressed up as befits the kind of cigar they are.
Yeah I know, it doesn't matter or, shouldn't matter but, that is the impression I get whenever I buy them at my local B&M. Now this B&M has some no name torpedoes, on a bottom shelf and they are cheap and look weird. Each time I see them, I am glad the Edge Torps are not them, and yet there is really nothing to distinguish them from the no name smokes.
So from a purely aesthetic point of view, I for one think maybe it's time for Rocky to dress his solid performing smokes up a little.;)

Back