Bead Rh level

goatfarmer

ChestBeater
I have not used beads before and wonder if I prefer keeping Rh level at approx. 67-68% would this be possible by placing 1 of each 65% and 70% container of beads, or would this present a problem stabilizing Rh level? On the otherhand, can the Rh level be increased if the beads are kept moist,or on the damp side.
confused0082.gif

I have not used beads before and wonder if I prefer keeping Rh level at approx. 67-68% would this be possible by placing 1 of each 65% and 70% container of beads, or would this present a problem stabilizing Rh level? On the otherhand, can the Rh level be increased if the beads are kept moist,or on the damp side.
confused0082.gif

I use the 70% beads are am on 68% RH level in my humi, you always leek some moisture.

The RH Beads come engineered to precisely regulate RH to a prescribed level. Using two different RH levels will not create a third.

The 70% RH Beads will release moisture while the 65% RH Beads will absorb that excess moisture.

So, you'll have 70% RH at first but after 70% RH Beads dry out, your RH will drop to 65% RH.

I hope this helps

~Mark

Now it's a matter of deciding which Rh level to choose. Prefer keeping cigars toward the high side but since intend using desktop for the over flow of cigar. Went with the 70% and also purchased the hygometer with test kit. Thanks Mark. Appreciate everyones input.

Last edited:
I, too, use 70% beads and my humidor has been a consistent 68% RH. I do have to charge them probably once/week, but that's only because I have a leak in my humidor.

Purchased the 70% beads and will have to see where the Rh level settles. Testing out the humi before getting into accesssories too much, I really screwed up and temporarily used my desktop to store pipe tocacco. I have gone thru the pipe phase and now, with my end table humi full, I certainly could use the desktop. Used baking soda, airing, etc., etc., and seems to have gotten rid of majority of the pipe odor, I'll try storing a few of my daily yard gars in it and see how they taste, don't think I will be resting the partagas collection in it.

Appreciate the input.:ss

Back