Bead Storage

cenookie

Young Ape
My question is if you don't want to lose stick space, where and how do you put beads in a 100ct humidor. I've heard of talk of pantyhose, but how do you attach them?:confused:

You could always convert your foam type humidifier to beads if your humidor has them. I did with mine, and it was really simple. Pop the case, remove the foam, fill with beads, and good to go. Mine had screens in them already, so no place for the beads to escape from the slits in the humidifier. You can also grab a couple bead tubes which aren't any bigger than a tubo, and put a couple of those in there. Never did the pantyhose thing, but several people swear by it.:tu

You could always convert your foam type humidifier to beads if your humidor has them. I did with mine, and it was really simple. Pop the case, remove the foam, fill with beads, and good to go. Mine had screens in them already, so no place for the beads to escape from the slits in the humidifier. You can also grab a couple bead tubes which aren't any bigger than a tubo, and put a couple of those in there. Never did the pantyhose thing, but several people swear by it.:tu

For some reason I thought that the plastic humidifier case wouldn"t hold enough beads.:)

For some reason I thought that the plastic humidifier case wouldn"t hold enough beads.:)

I dunno about what size yours are, but my 150 count had 3 (1 large rectangle in the bottom, and 2 smaller squares in the lid). Seemed to work well for my setup, but might not be feasible for yours.:tu

I dunno about what size yours are, but my 150 count had 3 (1 large rectangle in the bottom, and 2 smaller squares in the lid). Seemed to work well for my setup, but might not be feasible for yours.:tu

My 100ct only came with 1 large rectangle. Should I buy another one?:confused:

My 100ct only came with 1 large rectangle. Should I buy another one?:confused:

Probably not. Mine came with 3, but after awhile I went down to only the one larger one, and eventually moved the beads from those to my cooler, and all that I had in my humi was a Puck from Cigarmony.

Or use a the tin tube some punch cigars come in and put holes through out it. Seen a few like that in people humidor pictures

Heartfelt sells beads in tubes as well, which I what I have in my humi. Takes up about the space of two cigars, and works very well.

Viper sells tubes you can attach to your humidor with some double sided sticky tape.. though I have seen pictures where people installed clips in their humidors to hold the tubes. I'm too lazy to attach clips so double sided tape!

istockphoto_2113691_drawing_pins.jpg

...and a lot of patience. :D

:tpd:

I bought some of those plastic hooks from the office supply store, they come with double sided tape and can be pulled off via a tap on the tape (not that we would want to) And I tied a small loop in the end of the panty hose bag. They hang there pretty well. I think schotch (the tape company) made them.

the stock humidifier should hold enough beads to do the job-when i use pantyhose bags i'll set them on a piece of plastic-since i smoke coronas & robos, i have space left at the back of the humi on the floor to put them

I use a puck with velco. Sometimes if I need a little extra help, I will use a film canister with holes poked in the top sitting where the sticks are too short to reach the other wall.

You should be okay with the original rectangle, and just replace with beads. If it keeps falling off (like mine did), you could opt for magnetic strips instead of velcro. A fine BOTL recommend this to me awhile back.

Back